Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 03-02-2006, 12:57 AM   #16
woody
woody began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie PEG-NZ90/U
-- WARNING: Could not create /Palm/Programs/Plucker directory

For what it's worth, I'm having the same problem, but with a memory stick:
-- WARNING: Could not create /Palm/Programs/Plucker directory on Memory Stick (0x400d)

HotSync Manager 4.1.0
Palm Desktop 4.1
Old 03-02-2006, 07:54 AM   #17
palmtt
palmtt began at the beginning.

I have the same problem.
-- WARNING: Could not create /Palm/Programs/Plucker directory on Secure Digital (0x400d)

It will save all the files in the palm desktop dir's sunrisexp\vfs0 directory, not in my SD card!
Advert
Old 03-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #18
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Could anyone of you check whether the Sunrise (Java version) conduit does work on your configuration?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:24 AM   #19
efra
efra began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
I am having a similar problem. I just experienced a desktop hard drive crash so I needed to reinstal everything. the palm software worked just fine for hotsync, then since this is an old laptop computer running xp home with only 100 mb or ram I decided to install the Java version of Sunrise instead of the XP version. but when I tryed to run it I realized that I did not have java, so I installed that and then sunrise worked and it seems that is doing everything, after updating the one website that I have on my list, I saw the little message in the lower right corner saying that the new sunrise file was ready to be moved to my TX on the next sync. but that did not happen the TX never got the sunrise file, I even looked at the sync log and there was nothing about sunrise at all. I changed from SD card to ram and still the same thing. I would appreciate any thoughts that can help me. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:18 AM   #20
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by efra
I saw the little message in the lower right corner saying that the new sunrise file was ready to be moved to my TX on the next sync. but that did not happen the TX never got the sunrise file, I even looked at the sync log and there was nothing about sunrise at all. I changed from SD card to ram and still the same thing. I would appreciate any thoughts that can help me. Thanks.
Make sure you have the Sunrise stub installed on your handheld. The stub is necessary for making the conduit run.

If you're a new user, I would recommend using Sunrise XP instead. It's far lighter in terms of resource usage than the Java version.
Advert
Old 03-03-2006, 11:42 AM   #21
efra
efra began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
thank you Laurens for answering so fast, because everything was running fine before my hard drive crash. I did not installed the sunrise stub in my palm. but now that you mention that sunrise XP is lighter than the java version I will unistall that and use XP instead. any thoughts or additional steps that I should do? should I just do the standard unistall (java vers) and then install (XP)?
Old 03-03-2006, 12:22 PM   #22
Laurens
Jah Blessed

No additional steps necessary. You can run both versions side-by-side or uninstall whichever version if you wish.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:48 AM   #23
palmtt
palmtt began at the beginning.

I have delete all the old sunrise files including the conduit, but still can't get my sunrise files into the SD Card, and in the log there always has " -- WARNING: Could not create /Palm/Programs/Plucker directory on Secure Digital (0x400d)".
Old 03-04-2006, 10:40 AM   #24
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtt
I have delete all the old sunrise files including the conduit, but still can't get my sunrise files into the SD Card, and in the log there always has " -- WARNING: Could not create /Palm/Programs/Plucker directory on Secure Digital (0x400d)".
As I said above, this problem is unresolved for now. This means you cannot use Sunrise XP, unfortunately.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:58 PM   #25
Visigoth
Visigoth began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T
Awaiting patiently for a fix....
(in a way, it was nice to see others having this problem also. I was wondering if it was just me).

With the additional posts showing the same SD card file access problem, here are a few bits of info that might help (or probably won't, but it doesn't hurt to mention them)

1) Maybe there is something specific with how the Palm Tungsten T or the Sony Clie interacts with SD cards that was tweaked with later models. Both the Palm Tungsten T and the Sony Clie were, I think, released about 3 years ago, at about the same time. They were the first generation of PDAs that ran Palm OS 5 with an SD card. Maybe this has something to do with it? Just seems odd that the 3 of us who are having prombelms have this linked theme.

2) I know there are a few issues from the PalmOne website that mention limitations with the 1st and 2nd Palm Tungsten models. If I recall, they we questions related to WiFi cards in the SD slot. Some of the responses were that the 1st/2nd Palm Tungstens had memory constriction issues when working with the SD card (and that was why WiFi SD cards won't work in them).

Laurens, would either of these random facts be involved with how Sunrise attempts to write to the SD card through the HotSync conduit?
Old 03-07-2006, 01:48 AM   #26
Laurens
Jah Blessed

I won't get round to looking into this. At least not anytime soon. So for now, I'm going to leave this as unresolved.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:06 AM   #27
woody
woody began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie PEG-NZ90/U
Talking Java Sunrise works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
Could anyone of you check whether the Sunrise (Java version) conduit does work on your configuration?
I think someone else already answered, but I figure more information is better. The Java version does work for me, which makes me happy. Thanks!

Is there any other information I can provide to help troubleshoot?
Old 03-08-2006, 04:41 AM   #28
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
Is there any other information I can provide to help troubleshoot?
Use the latest beta 6 and view the HotSync log. Check to see if the "VFS volume ref" is listed.

Sample output:
Code:
OK Memos
VFS volume ref: 5
-- Transferred "A Painting a Day.pdb" to Secure Digital.
OK Sunrise XP
Old 03-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #29
bdrake
bdrake began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NX60
Similar problem

I've got a similar problem. I manually created the plucker folders, but it still doesn't install the files.

Is it possible to set where the files to be installed are placed?

For example sunrise is correctly detecting that I have both CF and MS on my Sony Clie NX60, and I can get the files on there by copying them to:
C:\Program Files\Sony Handheld\DrakeB\CardInst\Slot-MemoryStick
or
C:\Program Files\Sony Handheld\DrakeB\CardInst\Slot-CF
But sunrise puts them in it's folders:
C:\Program Files\Sony Handheld\DrakeB\SunriseXP\vfs0
C:\Program Files\Sony Handheld\DrakeB\SunriseXP\vfs1

A workaround would be for sunrise to allow me to specify the folders to place the files into, so they would get installed by the usual hotsync install process. Plucker seems to have no problem finding them when they are installed that way.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:24 PM   #30
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrake
I've got a similar problem. I manually created the plucker folders, but it still doesn't install the files.
This is by design. Sunrise uses its own conduit to transfer the files. Hence it places documents in its own, conduit-specific directory.