Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #16
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I believe aceflor means this one.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:53 AM   #17
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
YES !!! this is the one that I mean !! I don't know if it is cool (I am over the age where I am right about coolness, I'd have to ask my son though ), but I find it nice and hopefully not too fragile.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 12:39 PM   #18
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Are there any metal covers for Sony Readers? (For the bigger models, that is-- with hopes of future versions for the 300.)

What I'd really like is a flip-up metal cover like came on the Handspring Visor Edges, but since there isn't an attachment for top-mounting on the 300, something that fits in the top/bottom sockets and swings around to lie flat on the back would be great.

Here's what the cover on the Visor Edge looks like:

http://the-gadgeteer.com/2001/03/14/...r_edge_review/
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:34 PM   #19
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Do you think this clutch cover actually will give more protection than the standard sleeve? Or is it mainly about the coolness factor?
For me, the 505-style covers aren't about coolness, but convenience. These are the covers that fit into the holes in the edge of the Reader. The magnetic clasp is great, and you just fold the cover back (like a real book) to read. OTOH, I don't like the pouch because you need to put the pouch somewhere while reading. I wish Sony included a folding cover with the 300! (They should also include a PSP data/power cable for transferring books and charging.)
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote