Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #16
Viacheslav
Connoisseur
Viacheslav doesn't litterViacheslav doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR1000
Are there any plans to fix the page redrawing problem in fullscreen?
And where is the modified source? I want to change the apparently hardcoded startup defaults.
Viacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:08 AM   #17
dixon
dixon doesn't litterdixon doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viacheslav View Post
Are there any plans to fix the page redrawing problem in fullscreen?
maybe in a distant future: I have a pretty tight schedule for a next couple months, so it's unlikely that I'll be able to find time for that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viacheslav View Post
And where is the modified source? I want to change the apparently hardcoded startup defaults.
Here is the build instruction.

First you need to compile a mime database. Copy the file /usr/local/poky/eabi-glibc/arm/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/bin/update-mime-database and the attached freedesktop.org.xml to emulator. The last one is the file /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml from my build system with only image/vnd.djvu mime type in it. Execute the following commands on emulator:
Code:
mkdir -p /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_evince/share/mime/packages/
mv /home/root/freedesktop.org.xml /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_evince/share/mime/packages/
/home/root/update-mime-database /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_evince/share/mime
cd /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/
tar cvf /home/root/evince-mime.tar _evince
Copy evince-mime.tar to your build system and untar it into /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/ directory.

Download the file djvulibre-3.5.22.tar.gz from http://sourceforge.net/projects/djvu/files/, apply the attached djvulibre-3.5.22.patch, set environment variables from the attached file irex_env.sh and execute the following commands:
Code:
autoreconf
./configure --prefix=/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_evince --host=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi --disable-desktopfiles --disable-djview --disable-i18n --disable-xmltools
make
make install-libdjvu
This will install only djvu libraries without any binaries.

Download evince-2.22.2.tar.bz2 from http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/evince/2.22/ , apply the attached evince-2.22.2.patch and execute the following commands:
Code:
autoreconf
libtoolize --copy --force
LDFLAGS='-L/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_evince/lib -L/usr/local/poky/eabi-glibc/arm/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib' ./configure --prefix=/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_evince --host=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi --disable-nautilus --disable-thumbnailer --disable-pdf --disable-tiff --enable-djvu --disable-dvi --disable-t1lib --without-libgnome --without-keyring --disable-dbus
make
make install
After that compare your /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_evince with content of the archive I posted earlier in this thread and make necessary adjustments.
Attached Files
File Type: xml freedesktop.org.xml (5.0 KB, 415 views)
File Type: txt djvulibre-3.5.22.patch.txt (389 Bytes, 211 views)
File Type: txt evince-2.22.2.patch.txt (8.2 KB, 222 views)
File Type: txt irex_env.sh.txt (670 Bytes, 222 views)

Last edited by dixon; 09-28-2009 at 05:59 AM.
dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #18
patatan
Enthusiast
patatan is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook Gen 3, DR1000S
It worked but it doesn't work anymore

I installed Evince when it was realeased in this forum and it worked very well. Today I updated Xournal and FBreader and then I noticed that djvu files figured as unknow files and when I tried to open them they would not open. But if I went to 'programs' and clicked 'evince' it worked.

So I tried to uninstall and install the three programs (FBReader, Xournal and Evince) without results.

I removed all the files from 'programs' folder and updated the DR1000 firmaware to 1.7.1. Then I installed again the extension for djvu, and alas, they were not unknown anymore. But now the problem is that evince do not open. I have tried clicking over the djvu files and clicking directly over 'evince' in 'programs' folder.

I want the djvu back. Help!, please.

Last edited by patatan; 11-22-2009 at 05:38 PM.
patatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #19
patatan
Enthusiast

I have begun again installing the firmware and the three programs. It looks like some problem of the evince with the 1.7.1 firmware.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:04 PM   #20
dixon
dixon doesn't litterdixon doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by patatan View Post
I want the djvu back. Help!, please.
I've just installed 1.7.1 update and it seems like I was able to reproduce this issue. Try to unpack the contents of the attached archive (MD5: ab15c76b37c9827e6d0efdec6e95be09) into the root of your device. You will not need to reboot it. Just try to open any DjVu file or start evince.
Attached Files
File Type: zip evince-fix-1.7.1.zip (366 Bytes, 232 views)
dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #21
patatan
Enthusiast

Old 01-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #22
tjzeeman
tjzeeman began at the beginning.

Device: DR 1000S
I've been trying to get a more up to date version of evince working for my DR as well as enable some more of the formats it supports, but I'm currently kinda stuck at the deployment stage.

I've managed to compile evince 0.24 (the latest version to compile without having to replace poky provided gtk-libraries or hack the build system to ignore version mismatches and hope for the best) including several dependencies (a.o. djvulibre, texlive, libglade and jpegsource) without the necessity to edit the configure and makefiles. Unfortunately once I try to run the resulting app I get some error messages about the app not being able to find the right subsystems for the particular format I'm trying to open.

Is someone here willing and able to help me with this?

I'll post my notes on how I build my version later this week.
tjzeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:30 AM   #23
gatto_mannaro
gatto_mannaro began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Hello all! and thanx alot for all your efforts to port this great tool on the dr1000.
I installed the evince-2.22.2-dr-0.1 and then the evince-fix-1.7.1
The software works nice but opening a djvu file it freezed in the loading step.
I waited for more than 20mins but nothing happened except the sentence "caricamento in corso".
Any suggestion?
thanx alot and regards
gatto_mannaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:53 AM   #24
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
gatto_mannaro: Have you tried tapping the middle button on the device to force screen refresh?
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #25
gatto_mannaro
gatto_mannaro began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl123 View Post
gatto_mannaro: Have you tried tapping the middle button on the device to force screen refresh?
fine, it works!!
thanx alot for the suggestion
gatto_mannaro is offline   Reply With Quote