Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #16
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Are you ready for our next scheduled history and pronunciation lesson DGal?

WDE (WelcomingDelegatesEveryday)
I'm with you WDE. Let's start with the time we burnt down the white house. Oh dear, I am officially on a watch list now!

Mike

FBI - I was referencing history not making any kind of plans. I love the white house, it's so .... white.
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #17
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Oh and I usually pop in and look for Canadians but as I am still semi-new I usually leave the forum pointers to members who know more than I.
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 12:51 PM   #18
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklynds View Post
Oh and I usually pop in and look for Canadians but as I am still semi-new I usually leave the forum pointers to members who know more than I.
Then........you need to be on here more so that you too can become a 'know it all'!!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #19
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I think they got the message DGma, 'cause now I have a whole bunch of new posts (just what I needed ) in the Introductions sub-forum.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #20
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)

I agree, as someone who remembers my newbie days well (what? they're not quite over yet??), I always make a point to welcome the new members. Plus, either follow cassidy (or beat her) to correct that silly misunderstanding she has bout the color of the 505s...

But getting a decent welcome can make all the difference in how you feel about a board and whether you return again. Luckily for you all, I remember a particularly warm welcome from DesertGrandma and Lilac in particular....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #21
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post

I agree, as someone who remembers my newbie days well (what? they're not quite over yet??), I always make a point to welcome the new members. Plus, either follow cassidy (or beat her) to correct that silly misunderstanding she has bout the color of the 505s... :
Last time I checked, I wasn't a 'she'. In fact, I would definitely fail the physical. This could explain your problem with colors; thinking silver is an acceptable alternative to blue. Oh, the humanity!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #22
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Last time I checked, I wasn't a 'she'. In fact, I would definitely fail the physical. This could explain your problem with colors; thinking silver is an acceptable alternative to blue. Oh, the humanity!
YIKES!! I really need to read more closely!! I'm so sorry, Jorge!

I have done that the opposite way with many posters too. I am, apparently, gender challenged. And now, quite embarassed.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #23
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Really? I"ve been laboring under that misinformation for the last year then..............

Sorry about that!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #24
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I don't think his name is Jorge either.

Gracey, you are a Hoot!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #25
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Really? I"ve been laboring under that misinformation for the last year then..............

Sorry about that!
YAAAY!! It's not just me! Thanks for admitting it, DG (I have thought at least 3 of our female members were male, but, luckily, caught on before I ever posted a gender - outing post! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I don't think his name is Jorge either.

Gracey, you are a Hoot!
That was a reference to that fact that, more often than not, the newbies who respond to HIM (I'm practicing) on the intro board call him Jorge because of his siggy. I hope HE gets that and doesn't think I'm a total kumquat! (is that how you spell kumquat??)
Old 06-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #26
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To determine a member's gender, click on their name and select Public Profile. When that opens, click on the About Me tab. If they've entered a gender, it'll show up there.

Jorge, er, cassidym
Old 06-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #27
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
To determine a member's gender, click on their name and select Public Profile. When that opens, click on the About Me tab. If they've entered a gender, it'll show up there.

Jorge, er, cassidym
I just did that, that was a lot of work (but I found out you're male)! I think we should have a little M or F on the avatar side.

Now I will have to think "David Cassidy" or "Hop Along Cassidy" when I think of you. Before, I was thinking of a girl I used to know in grade school.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:10 PM   #28
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Agree with the M or F. In fact, that's why I chose my current avatar since my user name doesn't give a clue.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #29
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Agree with the M or F. In fact, that's why I chose my current avatar since my user name doesn't give a clue.
And funny how I completely overlooked that because the image of the Cassidy I knew was strong enough to override a masculine avatar

I see lots of people have joined in welcoming new members this morning! yaaay!! Now we await their confused arrival here....
Old 06-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #30
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
YIKES!! I really need to read more closely!! I'm so sorry, Jorge!

I have done that the opposite way with many posters too. I am, apparently, gender challenged. And now, quite embarassed.
Grace, i think you have your answer for the signature line. Instead of Tech challenged (which I am assuming you have overcome during your time here) you can put "Gender Challenged"

DGma, It is a wonderful suggestion and you are absolutely correct. The rest of us need to get off our virtual behinds and start helping welcome the newcomers. Kudos to you! (the darn Karma police are blocking me again! Sorry.)

cassidym, thank you for showing us how it should be done!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote