Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #16
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Does your Zune on its lanyard count as a carry-on? You know how crazy they are nowadays. I'm surprised my clothes don't count as carry-on.
I carry it in either my carry on or purse through security and once I am at the gate I take the Zune and the Kindle out. The Zune I slip over my neck regardless of whether or not I am going to listen to it, and I hand carry the Kindle. I put the Kindle on my plane seat while I stow the other gear. A stewardess cracked the face of my first Zune when she was moving stuff around in the overhead. I'm not taking any more chances!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:59 AM   #17
mmsp82
mmsp82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
That case is really cute, but I am also looking for a hard case so I can have both. does anybody know where can I find one for the kindle 2?

Thanks!
mmsp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #18
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Target carries something called a Belkin Mini Laptop case that might work...
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #19
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I have a padded sleeve for my Samsung Q1 that will do until I find a good case. I couldn't stand the Cole Haan case and returned it yesterday.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:59 PM   #20
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I have a padded sleeve for my Samsung Q1 that will do until I find a good case. I couldn't stand the Cole Haan case and returned it yesterday.
Which Cole Haan Cover did you get?
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 11:01 PM   #21
Octochick
Zealot

I got my K2 today, still waiting on the Cole Haan but loving my case (pouch, bag, sleeves) and she is working on a few more design options. She already has up some smaller bags, that will fit the kindle more snuggly without a case.

Last edited by Octochick; 02-25-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:56 AM   #22
kindlenewbie
Trying to win a Kindle 2!
kindlenewbie is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
I just got a larger Kindle pouch from BorsaBella.com. It's quilted inside, looks great and should have plenty of room for the K2 and its cover. I'm waiting patiently for a M-edge Prodigy cover.
kindlenewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:53 AM   #23
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octochick View Post
Target carries something called a Belkin Mini Laptop case that might work...
I was at Target yesterday. The cases for the mini notebooks fit the Kindle with the Amazon cover. At the store they had a few different brands, some neoprene and some quilted with shoulder straps.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #24
Octochick
Zealot

I am very happy with this cover! The feel of it is amazing. The top right of the cover did come a little short of the edge of the Kindle, but I think this is done on purpose as
the leather will streach over time. With just a gently pulling it does cover and I put an band around it over night and it is now covering the K without coaxing. It folds back easily as you can see and is easy to press flat while reading.

On my card it says "This Kindle belongs to..." and the under my number it says "Reward if found".. this is the only purpose I can see for the card holder. I especially love how beautifully it goes with my Borsa Bella case. The case is really the perfect size, I think for Oberon or Medge covers you would not want any smaller.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #25
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octochick View Post

I am very happy with this cover! The feel of it is amazing. The top right of the cover did come a little short of the edge of the Kindle, but I think this is done on purpose as
the leather will streach over time. With just a gently pulling it does cover and I put an band around it over night and it is now covering the K without coaxing. It folds back easily as you can see and is easy to press flat while reading.

On my card it says "This Kindle belongs to..." and the under my number it says "Reward if found".. this is the only purpose I can see for the card holder. I especially love how beautifully it goes with my Borsa Bella case. The case is really the perfect size, I think for Oberon or Medge covers you would not want any smaller.
OH GOD I WANT A COLE HAAN COVER SO BAD IT HURTS!!!!!!!!!

Why did they have to make to Kindle 2 so much bigger? I could have figured out a way to get my Reader in one
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #26
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
OH GOD I WANT A COLE HAAN COVER SO BAD IT HURTS!!!!!!!!!
You should email them and ask for one for the 505 size. You should encourage others that are interested to. If they get alot of demand I expect they would consider it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #27
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You should email them and ask for one for the 505 size. You should encourage others that are interested to. If they get alot of demand I expect they would consider it.

BOb
Since I've seen a couple of people post on here already they are returning theirs, I think the chances are pretty slim they'll make Sony covers.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #28
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Since I've seen a couple of people post on here already they are returning theirs, I think the chances are pretty slim they'll make Sony covers.
People are returning there what? Cover? Kindle? Sony?

BOb
Old 02-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #29
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
People are returning there what? Cover? Kindle? Sony?

BOb
The Cole Haan covers.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #30
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The Cole Haan covers.
So you thinking that so many people are returning them that they will stop offering them at all?

BOb

Tags
cool case, gadget bag, kindle case