Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-25-2020, 11:44 AM   #16
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I don't have that on my Libra either.
Hmm, can it be the case for all/some mark 7 devices? If I recall correctly, some did made remarks on a previous FW version that they had the release notes on their Clara/Forma devices.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:37 PM   #17
Gone
Out of order
Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

With the addition that calibre version 5 was also released today. This includes support for the 4.24.x firmware versions. But, if you are a MAC user, there is a bug recognising any ereader. There should be an update in a couple of days.
I’m a Mac user. And Apprentice Alf too not working.

I’m glad I read the forum before updating Calibre.

Thanks.
Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2020, 12:00 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
I’m a Mac user. And Apprentice Alf too not working.

I’m glad I read the forum before updating Calibre.
Version 5.0.1 was released late yesterday to fix this. I can see a report in the calibre forum that it has fixed the problem.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 03:56 AM   #19
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
My Forma just updated and the new Swedish dictionary is available and working (automatically read metadata "dc:language sv" I assume) (and I write this before Oct 1)!
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 12:25 PM   #20
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Page turns in the dictionary list

I just side-loaded 4.24.15676 on my Libra. I was somewhat surprised that in the dictionary list the buttons didn't work and I had to use the screens to turn the pages, while the buttons worked fine in the parameters as before. I would prefer a consistent behavior.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2020, 01:03 PM   #21
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Version 5.0.1 was released late yesterday to fix this. I can see a report in the calibre forum that it has fixed the problem.
Can you provide a link to this report? I've reviewed the threads containing "5.01" and the sticky, "For all the obligatory "DeDRM isn't working...." but see no mention of a fix.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 01:20 PM   #22
Gone
Out of order
Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Can you provide a link to this report? I've reviewed the threads containing "5.01" and the sticky, "For all the obligatory "DeDRM isn't working...." but see no mention of a fix.
A fix for the Mac.

Not the DRM.
Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 01:31 PM   #23
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
A fix for the Mac.

Not the DRM.
Thank you. It appears I need to practice RTFQ!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:47 PM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Thank you. It appears I need to practice RTFQ!
And I should have quoted better to make it obvious what was fixed.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:56 PM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
Syncing & reboot/syncing did not help.
I've updated my trusted old KA2 v1 with the latest FW and the "What's new" section showed-up there without the need for syncing.
If you sideload the update, you will not get the "What's new" on the Device information page. When an update is found, the release notes are downloaded and then the update. The release notes are stored for later display.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:02 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The reason to continue the firmware conversation in this thread is that those that don't know of this firmware could use the links in the previous firmware to download and install and then they'd look for the patches, patch and then find out they are not on the current firmware. It's for the benefit of all that we continue here instead of keeping the previous firmware thread going.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:58 AM   #27
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
If you sideload the update, you will not get the "What's new" on the Device information page. When an update is found, the release notes are downloaded and then the update. The release notes are stored for later display.
To be precise, I side-loaded both my Clare and KA2 v1 to install the new FWs. The release notes did appear directly on the KA2 v1 (no WiFi ever used before or after the installation), but they did not appear on the Clara.
By your suggestion I used the WiFi only to sync the Clara (and hopefully make the release notes appear), which did not help.

So, if I understand you correctly, the release notes will only be available when one installs a new FW OTA as then 1st the release notes are fetched and stored on the device, and 2nd the FW itself.

As that might be true for the Clara, it certainly is not true for my KA2 v1 due to my experience. It is still odd
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:14 AM   #28
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I did a sync today on my device and it downloaded the new dictionaries. The Oxford dictionary seems to be live now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201001_090328-01.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	182374  

Last edited by xyclonei; 10-01-2020 at 03:04 AM.
xyclonei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:28 AM   #29
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyclonei View Post
I did a sync today on my device and it downloaded the new dictionaries. The Oxford dictionary seems to be live now.
How can we tell? I just did a sync, which only took a few seconds, then checked a couple of words in the book I'm reading now, now indications of a new dictionary that I could see
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:42 AM   #30
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I have an Oxford Dictionary Copyright notice now when I look up a word.

Also the style of the text in the dictionary pop up window has changed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Document 4_2~2-01.jpeg
Views:	275
Size:	781.3 KB
ID:	182372  
xyclonei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release