Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-23-2020, 11:51 AM   #16
montechristos
Enthusiast
montechristos began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note 2 (from Kindle Voyage)
I managed to get it to work.
Actually, the articles don't automatically appear in the Boox library, you have to go and synchronize them explicitly (I didn't know that)

Now my next issue is that images are tiny within the ebook.
@adrians, did you raise an incident with Boox for that?
montechristos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:45 PM   #17
RT Wolf
RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.RT Wolf knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Looking for the right android e-ink tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by montechristos View Post
- Push-to-kindle creates ebooks, i.e. you can read them flipping pages left/right. Whereas in pocket, it is a text document that you need to scroll up and down (not ideal for a reader/e-ink display)
On this one specifically, swiping left-right switches it into "page" mode and hten you can swipe to turn pages.

Not sure about your other point, tho.
RT Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2020, 09:49 PM   #18
adrians
Enthusiast
adrians doesn't litteradrians doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by montechristos View Post
I managed to get it to work.
Now my next issue is that images are tiny within the ebook.
@adrians, did you raise an incident with Boox for that?
No I didn't - I actually thought the small icons were just placeholders like you get on a web page when an image is not found/displayed.
adrians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:26 PM   #19
mtreader
Connoisseur
mtreader began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Nova 2, Kobo Clara
montechristos: Does the Kindle app work as easily as Pocket (just right-clicking on a web link or clicking a toolbar icon idf the url is already open in your browser)?

What else differs between Pocket and SavetoKindle?

adrians: Do you have experience with Pocket to compare?

Thanks!
mtreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 01:42 AM   #20
adrians
Enthusiast
adrians doesn't litteradrians doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtreader View Post
I don't, unfortunately.
adrians is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2020, 09:35 AM   #21
montechristos
Enthusiast
montechristos began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note 2 (from Kindle Voyage)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtreader View Post
montechristos: Does the Kindle app work as easily as Pocket (just right-clicking on a web link or clicking a toolbar icon idf the url is already open in your browser)?

What else differs between Pocket and SavetoKindle?

Thanks!
Push to Kindle, is a tiny application that just sends the url to Amazon Kindle Service. It is Amazon that translates the URL to an e-book. (and it makes a great job for it). There are plugins both for browsers to 'push-to-kindle' as well as various android applications that you can use with the 'share' functionality.

The difference I see between Pocket and send to Kindle, is that in Pocket, you have to pay to have the functionality to keep and download the articles.

For me, I want to build my article collection, so it is important to be able to have physical e-books that I can backup and copy between devices.

PS: another similar service which is open-source, but you need to pay for hosting is: wallabag (which I discovered from this forum)

Hope this helps

Last edited by montechristos; 04-29-2020 at 09:39 AM.
montechristos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
html, note 2, push