Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2022, 05:35 PM   #16
vAmsterdam
vAmsterdam began at the beginning.

Device: ClaraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
Hi. My 2 yr. old Kobo Clara is doing the same thing as all the other users here are experiencing. No amt of on/off etc. is doing a thing. Please help this newbie with the solution you are describing. Thank you.
Hi Brauneyz;4261957 I'm having the exact same problem. Let me know if you find a fix! (I'm a newbie too!)
vAmsterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 06:09 PM   #17
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
Hi. My 2 yr. old Kobo Clara is doing the same thing as all the other users here are experiencing. No amt of on/off etc. is doing a thing. Please help this newbie with the solution you are describing. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vAmsterdam View Post
Hi Brauneyz;4261957 I'm having the exact same problem. Let me know if you find a fix! (I'm a newbie too!)
What specifically have you both tried? And are you sure you're turning the Clara HD off?

You can also try leaving it on a charger for a good while, maybe 2hrs. Then trying to power it off by holding the power button for 30 seconds. If a process got stuck it's possible the battery died and the screen did not update.

Last edited by MGlitch; 10-01-2022 at 06:36 PM. Reason: David is quite correct. I’d meant 30 typed 3 fixed now
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2022, 06:31 PM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
You can also try leaving it on a charger for a good while, maybe 2hrs. Then trying to power it off by holding the power button for 3 seconds. If a process got stuck it's possible the battery died and the screen did not update.
Make that hold the power button for at least 20 and preferably 30 seconds to force a power off.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 05:46 AM   #19
BobNobody
BobNobody began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I have had a similar issue with my Touch, which Kobo sent me to replace my previous device that their update bricked. At this point I wish there was a credible alternative to Kobo and not just the straightjacket known as Kindle
BobNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 10:29 AM   #20
Oommen Jacob
Oommen Jacob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hello
I have the same problem with my Kobo Clara HD.
Reset procedure done many times, but it doesn't work
Device is stuck on the white screen on boot ....
Can you help me please?
thank you.
Oommen Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2023, 01:41 AM   #21
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
It would be nice if ppl posting their troubles in this thread actually replied to the other ppl trying to help them.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 01:49 AM   #22
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oommen Jacob View Post
Hello
I have the same problem with my Kobo Clara HD.
Reset procedure done many times, but it doesn't work
Device is stuck on the white screen on boot ....
Can you help me please?
thank you.

Many times when my Clara HD was stuck on a white screen, I found that I needed to plug it into a charger. The battery wasn’t dead, but something about plugging the Kobo into a power source reinitialized something. There are others on this site who can explain exactly what is happening there.

Here are a few questions for you:

What happens when you plug your Kobo into a power source?

Can you hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds to power it off, then wait a few beats and hold down the power button until the power light starts blinking?

Also, what happens when you plug your Clara HD into your computer? Does the device mount?

Have you tried running Kobo Desktop on your computer, then plugging your Clara HD into the USB port? Does the app recognize your Clara HD?

I’ll need more information about what you’re experiencing before I can offer better suggestions. Good luck!
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote