Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-07-2019, 09:52 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
worked for me in chrome and firefox without password (didn't get around to trying with a password). I used the URL

http://localhost:8080/#library_id=te...ort=series.asc

only difference to yours is the library name and sorting ona single field. Note that when visiting the page in a new browser it will show a grid not a list, because the default view is grid. But it is still sorted according to the specified sort order.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:04 AM   #17
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Note that when visiting the page in a new browser it will show a grid not a list, because the default view is grid. But it is still sorted according to the specified sort order.
You're right, it is indeed sorted, only in the grid view. Didn't notice it before. My bad.

It's working in Firefox, but Chrome still throws an error message when using password.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2019, 10:14 AM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
OK open a ticket for the password issue in Chrome I will take a look at it when I have a moment
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:58 AM   #19
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Ticket opened.

Thank you, Kovid.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:37 PM   #20
deadfly
deadfly began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I doubt you give them the home page URL verbally either, so just share the library page URL instead.
Hard to believe, maybe, but true. I'm a volunteer teacher and give the URL to the students so they can access lesson-related materials. Also why I wanted to edit my own home page for the server, to be able to explain a few things about how to view the files they download (PDF's, mostly), and provide direct links to particular tags.

I teach people with learning difficulties and it can be a bit challenging at times to explain, for example, how to navigate to where they'd select a tag.

We usually get there in the end, but I just decided to post my questions to see if there was a way to make the process a bit easier.

Thanks for all the replies!

Jessica
deadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2019, 06:55 PM   #21
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadfly View Post
Hard to believe, maybe, but true. I'm a volunteer teacher and give the URL to the students so they can access lesson-related materials. Also why I wanted to edit my own home page for the server, to be able to explain a few things about how to view the files they download (PDF's, mostly), and provide direct links to particular tags.

I teach people with learning difficulties and it can be a bit challenging at times to explain, for example, how to navigate to where they'd select a tag.

We usually get there in the end, but I just decided to post my questions to see if there was a way to make the process a bit easier.

Jessica
Consider directing them to the mobile site instead of the regular one. That one's simpler and doesn't require client-side scripting.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:30 PM   #22
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadfly View Post

Jessica
One (or more) of these might be of interest ==>> Useful Related Tools Threads

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customise content server