Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #16
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
For everyone interested, here is another way to skip wifi setup.

When you get to the language screen, you can touch and hold "american english" ( probably the other languages too? ), for a bout 10 seconds, until the 'Next" button changes to "Next..." ( note the "..." part ).

I did not discover this, but I cannot re-find the page I learned it on, credit to whomever really found it.

Last edited by coplate; 11-06-2017 at 05:42 PM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:12 PM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
There are now "Beta" (test grade) KOA2 packages of some of the basic things created.

I will post them sometime tonight (when the other stuff arrives to where I am uploading it).

Oh, Phooey!
I forgot to re-package kTerm.
Will have to get that one also, later, much later.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2017, 10:04 AM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The KOA2 jail break instructions now being tested have also been converted from forum BBCode to MarkDown and copied to the "README.md" file of the repository.
Which makes them show on the landing page in an almost readable version (line break handling is messed up - but anyway ...).
https://github.com/knc1/KOA2_Jailbreak

Edit:
Just found the cause, my text editor is set to strip trailing spaces, and a markdown line break is two trailing spaces.
Will have that fixed up with the next version posted.

Those directions are changing multiple times per day.
github members can receive notification of when the files are changed by selecting to "watch" the repository.

github membership is free.
Just in case you want to join so that you can be notified of updates to the directions.

That is unlike this forum, which does not send notifications on edit changes to a post.

Last edited by knc1; 11-08-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:37 AM   #19
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Edit:
Just found the cause, my text editor is set to strip trailing spaces, and a markdown line break is two trailing spaces.
Have you tried asciidoc and decided markdown is better for you?

If not, you might want to give asciidoc a whirl.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:17 PM   #20
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Have you tried asciidoc and decided markdown is better for you?

If not, you might want to give asciidoc a whirl.
GitHub uses markdown as the their "standard" markup language.
Get (no pun intended) them to change their "standard" markup language and then I can change what format the "README" document is written in.

After all, the overall intent was to get it to show on the landing page of the repository.
Advert
Old 11-08-2017, 12:28 PM   #21
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
GitHub uses markdown as the their "standard" markup language.
Get (no pun intended) them to change their "standard" markup language and then I can change what format the "README" document is written in.

After all, the overall intent was to get it to show on the landing page of the repository.
Have you seen this, from January 2013 ?

http://asciidoctor.org/news/2013/01/...rns-to-github/
Old 11-08-2017, 12:35 PM   #22
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Have you seen this, from January 2013 ?

http://asciidoctor.org/news/2013/01/...rns-to-github/
You are still missing the point.

This forum generates markdown when it mails you a PM notification and github accepts markdown.
All I have to do is fixup the trailing spaces, not use pandoc to do a forum BBCode to asciidoc conversion.

We are developing a jail break here, not a new documentation work flow.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #23
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You are still missing the point.

This forum generates markdown when it mails you a PM notification and github accepts markdown.
All I have to do is fixup the trailing spaces, not use pandoc to do a forum BBCode to asciidoc conversion.

We are developing a jail break here, not a new documentation work flow.
I was unable to read that between the lines. Sorry for the distraction.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:01 AM   #24
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I was unable to read that between the lines. Sorry for the distraction.
Not a problem.
In fact, the exchange lead me to making a change in my documentation workflow.

The files in the public repository will be changing today as a result.

I will be using LyX as the documentation preparation tool. So the *.lyx file will be the actual, master, document.
In addition to its usual print formats, there will be a *.tex (LaTex) file version to use as an intermediary.

The *.tex intermediary plus pandoc will allow the generation of our mediawiki format (for our wiki), the specific flavor of markdown that github uses (for the github viewables), and as a special favor to j.p.s., asciidoc.

Support for a BBCode version (used in this forum) will not be supported.

All-in-all an actual simplification and time savings to support the unpublished documentation.
It will probably be easier for other sites to use also (subject to the included license).

Last edited by knc1; 11-09-2017 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:28 PM   #25
knc1
Going Viral

After a ten hour editing session, the change has been made.
The best of the bunch is the *.pdf file version (you will have to download it - github's pdf viewer is not worth shit).

I haven't tested the medawiki format file on our wiki yet - it might or might not have to tweaked by hand.
(I had to tweak the markdown format file by hand a bit also.)

Comments please.
Quote:
Not a problem.
In fact, the exchange lead me to making a change in my documentation workflow.

The files in the public repository will be changing today as a result.

I will be using LyX as the documentation preparation tool. So the *.lyx file will be the actual, master, document.
In addition to its usual print formats, there will be a *.tex (LaTex) file version to use as an intermediary.

The *.tex intermediary plus pandoc will allow the generation of our mediawiki format (for our wiki), the specific flavor of markdown that github uses (for the github viewables), and as a special favor to j.p.s., asciidoc.

Support for a BBCode version (used in this forum) will not be supported.

All-in-all an actual simplification and time savings to support the unpublished documentation.
It will probably be easier for other sites to use also (subject to the included license).
Old 11-09-2017, 04:39 PM   #26
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Point 4 of "Check current firmware". If JB was installed successfully it should point to "Install the Jailbreak Survial Code" not "Install Device Jail Break".
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:41 PM   #27
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Point 4 of "Check current firmware". If JB was installed successfully it should point to "Install the Jailbreak Survial Code" not "Install Device Jail Break".
Thanks.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:23 AM   #28
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
I edited the *.md document versions by hand this morning - while still awake.

Today I return to determining the new partition layout details.
We need that, since some of our add-ins make direct access to the partitioned filesystems.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:38 PM   #29
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Just notes,

for a variety of reasons I am positive that adb or fastboot is built into these devices, and we just need to figure out how to turn it on.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:48 AM   #30
Vamp12
Vamp12 began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
Hello. I have a KOA2 running a 5.9.2.0.1 FW it's a 32gb + 3g model. I had some battery problems, and amazon kindly sent me a replacement and they blacklisted the first one. From what I read, it isn't possible to jailbreak it yet. I was wondering if someone is working on that jailbreak and if I can be of any help?
Vamp12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, koa2