Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-01-2017, 10:56 PM   #16
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
Same here. I got a merlot and if it is put on aligned right it is very solid. If it is not it comes right off. I am very happy with the look and feel but am concerned about the exposed portion on the back. I wonder if there are any covers coming out that deal with that.
We've used skins from DecalGirl for Kindle Keyboards and Paperwhites in the past that did a good job of covering the back. Maybe they will be coming out for something for the KO2.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:18 AM   #17
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
Well, "like a book" is kind of the point of a Kindle...
I don't see how opening from the side instead of the bottom to be "like a book" is any different than wanting it to smell like paper.

Quote:

My beloved Kindle Touch has a side-flap cover and fits fine in the front pocket of my office pants. I don't expect the KO2, with its greater width, to fit in any pockets, but I don't do it very often anyway. If you want a pocket-fitting device, you'll probably be better off with Paperwhite and Voyage.
I already have a Voyage.

I have a pocket that the KOA2 fits in without a cover, but I doubt it will fit with a side opening cover. I also suspect that a bottom opening cover is easier to transform into a stable stand.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2017, 12:27 AM   #18
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I have a pocket that the KOA2 fits in without a cover, but I doubt it will fit with a side opening cover. I also suspect that a bottom opening cover is easier to transform into a stable stand.
It really is unfortunate Amazon didn't measure your pockets first before designing their nice leather cover. Maybe you could just, like, not buy it.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:59 AM   #19
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
It really is unfortunate Amazon didn't measure your pockets first before designing their nice leather cover. Maybe you could just, like, not buy it.
All I have done is state why I believe the Voyage style cover would be better for the Oasis and ask why the current style might actually be better.

An additional point in favor of the Voyage style cover is that it is equally convenient to open or close with either hand.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:40 AM   #20
oldhaggis
Enthusiast
oldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Sony T3, Oasis 2
I have the Midnight Black one and it holds very well, I can hold the front cover and let the Oasis hang ,give it a few shakes and it holds firm, maybe quality control, colour who knows.

Last edited by oldhaggis; 11-02-2017 at 03:44 AM.
oldhaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2017, 03:59 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhaggis View Post
I have the Midnight Black one and it holds very well, I can hold the front cover and let the Oasis hang ,give it a few shakes and it holds firm, maybe quality control, colour who knows.
I can do that, too. The issue I'm having specifically is that the act of opening the cover is often dislodging the portion of it that attaches to the back of the device. It may perhaps be something that will stop happening as the hinge in the cover gets more flexible with usage. Time will tell!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:23 AM   #22
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
My cover doesn't get detached unintentionally at all and magnets seem very strong.
I hope you can change your cover and get a working one.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:33 AM   #23
bob_obo
Enthusiast
bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I can do that, too. The issue I'm having specifically is that the act of opening the cover is often dislodging the portion of it that attaches to the back of the device. It may perhaps be something that will stop happening as the hinge in the cover gets more flexible with usage. Time will tell!
Try opening the bottom half of the diagonal crease from the corner instead of opening it all at once. It's slightly fiddly, but it seems to be working for me, although this is a solution to a problem wouldn't exist if the magnets were just a little stronger.

Last edited by bob_obo; 11-02-2017 at 04:50 AM.
bob_obo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:21 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_obo View Post
Try opening the bottom half of the diagonal crease from the corner instead of opening it all at once. It's slightly fiddly, but it seems to be working for me, although this is a solution to a problem wouldn't exist if the magnets were just a little stronger.
Thanks, Bob, that's an excellent suggestion, and seems to work well .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:33 AM   #25
pele_cat
pele_cat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
The magnets on my merlot cover seem great. I can give the oasis a good shake on its side without detaching. Maybe some are defective or people haven't aligned them properly?
pele_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:23 AM   #26
Rix__Mix
Rix__Mix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Amazon UK have removed the Merlot colour option entirely, which is strange. Maybe an issue with that specific colour?
Rix__Mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:26 AM   #27
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
We've used skins from DecalGirl for Kindle Keyboards and Paperwhites in the past that did a good job of covering the back. Maybe they will be coming out for something for the KO2.
I emailed DecalGirl on Tuesday and heard back that they expect to have skins for the new Oasis in the next week or 2 at most.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:31 AM   #28
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thanks, Bob, that's an excellent suggestion, and seems to work well .
It also works well on the water-safe fabric cover too.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:55 AM   #29
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
My magnets seem to be stronger today, i'm handing the Oasis a lot, opening and closing as i'm downloading books, and it hasn't separated once.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:01 AM   #30
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
I emailed DecalGirl on Tuesday and heard back that they expect to have skins for the new Oasis in the next week or 2 at most.
That is great news! Thanks.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote