Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-13-2016, 02:16 PM   #16
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Perfect in my glo HD

Last edited by surquizu; 10-13-2016 at 02:45 PM.
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:33 PM   #17
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
@jackie_w:I like how it look, what's the streems numbers in nickel-extracted.css the patch changes?
fw 4.1.7729 stream: /* found: 13 (zlib) pos: 4b4ec8 */

the relevant original code is:
Spoiler:
Code:
#StatusBarView[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {
  min-height: 71px;
  max-height: 71px;
}
#StatusBarView[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {
  min-height: 91px;
  max-height: 91px;
}
#StatusBarView[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {
  min-height: 121px;
  max-height: 121px;
}
#StatusBarView[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"] {
  min-height: 157px;
  max-height: 157px;
}

... so it's just a case of reducing the min-height and max-height pixels to whatever you want - bearing in mind that the top header needs to be big enough to hold the menu icons.

The same CSS changes can also be applied for: fw 3.19.5761 stream: /* found: 17 (zlib) pos: 4a1aa7 */
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2016, 04:14 PM   #18
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I test it (on fw 3.13.1 not compressed) and it look good, but I think the best way to remove the header completely and leave enough space so you can open the top menu.

Last edited by oren64; 10-13-2016 at 04:25 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 04:36 PM   #19
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
I test it (on fw 3.13.1 not compressed) and it look good, but I think the best way to remove the header completely and leave enough space so you can open the top menu.
I'm not quite sure I understand. Do you mean better to enable fullscreen mode so that both header and footer removed? Or something else?

My original aim was to offer an option to the many kepub readers who have said they like to have the 'Page x of y' visible but regret that so much room is used by the book title in the top header.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 05:08 PM   #20
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I mean to reduce the menu enough to remove the header.
but I don't know if people will like it because it reduce the top menu in the main menu.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	378
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	152351   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	386
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	152352   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_003.png
Views:	385
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	152353   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_004.png
Views:	370
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	152354  

Last edited by oren64; 10-13-2016 at 05:24 PM.
Advert
Old 10-13-2016, 05:35 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I know I'd like the top margin reduced and as long as I can still access the functions of the top menu, I'm good with it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:04 PM   #22
handocjo
handocjo doesn't litterhandocjo doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thank you for your kind explanation.
I will try!
handocjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:45 AM   #23
jeffery
Enthusiast
jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura hd
what version is the Aura HD? mk?

-nm. found the answer while looking at something else.

Last edited by jeffery; 10-14-2016 at 03:02 AM.
jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:54 AM   #24
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

`ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins`

I've updated the `ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins` patch, but I haven't tested it.

Beware that this is the most complicated patch I have done, I don't always get it right first time, so if someone who has used it before could try it out and confirm that it works as expected that would be great. (If is is not working the most likely result will be that the device crashes as soon as an ePub book is opened.)

`ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins` patch for firmware 4.1.7729 (post into libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch):
Spoiler:
Code:
#
# The following three patches are mutually incompatible,
# don't enable more than one.
#
# `ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins`
# `ePub fixed top/bottom margins`
# `ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom`
#

<Patch>
patch_name = `ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins`
patch_enable = `yes`
# patch_group = `ePub padding-bottom alternatives`
#
## This patch sets the @page margin sizes in epubs, overriding any @page margin
## set in the book's CSS stylesheet (but not in the XPGT stylesheet, see below).
##
## By default the top and bottom margins are set to be adjustable, their size
## similar to the left/right margin size set by the adjustment slider. There
## are options to set the top and/or bottom margin to a fixed size instead.
##
## Note that @page margins are seperate from (and overlap) both the body margins
## set in the book and the left/right margins set from the adjustment slider,
## and are added to any page margins set in the Adobe XPGT stylesheet if the
## book has one (e.g. page-template.xpgt). For this reason you might want to
## consider using the Modify ePub Calibre plugin to remove any body margins and
## XPGT stylesheet margins before sideloading the book, or perhaps enabling the
## `Ignore ePub Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt)` patch.
##
## Also note that a side-effect of this patch is that the body padding-bottom is
## removed from the built-in stylesheet, which means that there will no longer
## be a blank line added automatically at the end of chapters.
##
## See at the bottom of the patch for replacement values that can be used to
## tune the size of the margins to suit different devices and reading modes.
#
#
# Push an extra 8 bytes of scratch space onto the stack
replace_bytes = 50BAB8, B7 B0, B9 B0
replace_bytes = 50BABC, 02 AF, 04 AF
# Save this value for the third stack argument of the following function call
replace_bytes = 50BD38, AD F8 04 30, 02 93 01 93
# getReadingLineHeight(...) --> getReadingLeftMargin(...) b8260c 4b4ecc
replace_bytes = 50BD6A, CD F7 A0 EE, A9 F7 B0 E8
#
replace_bytes = 50BD6E, 4F F0 FF 33 07 F1, 00 23 01 22 0A 21
replace_bytes = 50BD74, 3C 0A 00 93, 00 93 01 91
replace_bytes = 50BD78, 20 23 AD F8 04 30, 42 43 92 08 01 3A
replace_bytes = 50BD7E, 50 46 21 46, B8 BF 00 22
replace_bytes = 50BD82, 00 22 67 23, 13 A8 21 46
# QString.arg(double, ...) --> QString.arg(int64, ...) b8229c 4b43f4
replace_bytes = 50BD86, B6 F7 EA ED, A8 F7 36 EB
# mov r1,sl; --> adds r1,sp,#76
replace_bytes = 50BD8C, 51 46, 13 A9
# mov r0,sl; --> adds r0,sp,#76
replace_bytes = 50BD92, 50 46, 13 A8
# (Remember to pop scratch space if necessary)
#
#      padding-bottom: %1em !important;\n
# --> }@page{margin:%1px 00px %1px}body{
find_base_address = `\x20\0p\0a\0d\0d\0i\0n\0g\0-\0b\0o\0t\0t\0o\0m\0:\0 \0%\01\0e\0m\0 \0!\0i\0m\0p\0o\0r\0t\0a\0n\0t\0;\0\n\0`
replace_string = 0000, `\x20\0p\0a\0d\0d\0i\0n\0g\0-\0b\0o\0t\0t\0o\0m\0:\0 \0%\01\0e\0m\0 \0!\0i\0m\0p\0o\0r\0t\0a\0n\0t\0;\0\n\0`, `}\0@\0p\0a\0g\0e\0{\0m\0a\0r\0g\0i\0n\0:\0%\01\0p\0x\0 \00\00\0p\0x\0 \0%\01\0p\0x\0}\0b\0o\0d\0y\0{\0`
#
#
# *** Replacement values start here, don't change anything above ***
#
# Optional replacement value: Uncomment for a FIXED TOP MARGIN size in px,
# default 25px. Replacement value is margin size, two digits separated by \0
# (Leave commented out for an adjustable top margin.)
#replace_string = 001C, `%\01`, `2\05`
#
# Optional replacement value: Uncomment for a FIXED BOTTOM MARGIN size in px,
# default 00px. Replacement value is margin size, two digits separated by \0
# (Leave commented out for an adjustable bottom margin.)
#replace_string = 0030, `%\01`, `0\00`
#
# Optional replacement value: Uncomment to set the minimum LEFT/RIGHT MARGIN
# size in px, default 15px. (This margin will overlap the left/right margin
# set with the adjustment slider, not add to it.) Replacement value is margin
# size, two digits separated by \0
#replace_string = 0026, `0\00`, `1\05`
#
base_address = 000000
# Replacement value: Sets the step-size of the ADJUSTABLE top/bottom margin
# (if any) in quarter-pixels. These suggested values should be very close to
# the 1% step size of the left/right margins set by the slider. Larger values
# will make the top/bottom margins larger than the left/right margins.
# Suggested values:
#   24 (Touch/Mini), 30 (Glo/Aura/Aura2ed), 43 (AuraHD/H2O/GloHD), 56 (Aura One)
replace_int = 50BD70, 1, 30
#
# Replacement value: Set this to the size of the device's built-in top margin,
# in pixels. This value is subtracted from the adjustable top/bottom margin
# (if any) to compensate for any unremovable built-in top margin.
# Suggested values are:
#   0 For full-screen reading mode (fullScreenReading=true, all devices)
#  15 for normal reading mode (all devices)
replace_int = 50BD7C, 1, 0
</Patch>
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:13 PM   #25
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
The way to find out for sure is to try an experiment using one of the other keyboard patches, but modified so that the third zero byte is overwritten, for example:
Code:
replace_string = 0000, `š\0`, `ㅂ`
replace_string = 0003, `ž\0`, `ㄷ`
Against my expectation, this does not work.

Quote:
(Edit: Everything above refers to the Extended Latin keypad you see when the UI is set to a Latin-like language. The keyboard you see when Japanese is selected might be completely different and maybe that is what you would need to patch for Korean, but I have no experience with that at all.)
The Japanese keyboard is basically an English keyboard. You type something according to a transliteration scheme, and then you get a list of possible Japanese characters to choose from. To make it work for Korean would therefore need something other than changing the keyboard layout.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:28 AM   #26
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks tshering. I can't see any way to make a Korean keyboard then. Sorry handocjo.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:26 AM   #27
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
I've updated the `ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins` patch, but I haven't tested it.

Beware that this is the most complicated patch I have done, I don't always get it right first time, so if someone who has used it before could try it out and confirm that it works as expected that would be great. (If is is not working the most likely result will be that the device crashes as soon as an ePub book is opened.)

`ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins` patch for firmware 4.1.7729 (post into libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch):
Spoiler:
Code:
#
# The following three patches are mutually incompatible,
# don't enable more than one.
#
# `ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins`
# `ePub fixed top/bottom margins`
# `ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom`
#

<Patch>
patch_name = `ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins`
patch_enable = `yes`
# patch_group = `ePub padding-bottom alternatives`
#
## This patch sets the @page margin sizes in epubs, overriding any @page margin
## set in the book's CSS stylesheet (but not in the XPGT stylesheet, see below).
##
## By default the top and bottom margins are set to be adjustable, their size
## similar to the left/right margin size set by the adjustment slider. There
## are options to set the top and/or bottom margin to a fixed size instead.
##
## Note that @page margins are seperate from (and overlap) both the body margins
## set in the book and the left/right margins set from the adjustment slider,
## and are added to any page margins set in the Adobe XPGT stylesheet if the
## book has one (e.g. page-template.xpgt). For this reason you might want to
## consider using the Modify ePub Calibre plugin to remove any body margins and
## XPGT stylesheet margins before sideloading the book, or perhaps enabling the
## `Ignore ePub Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt)` patch.
##
## Also note that a side-effect of this patch is that the body padding-bottom is
## removed from the built-in stylesheet, which means that there will no longer
## be a blank line added automatically at the end of chapters.
##
## See at the bottom of the patch for replacement values that can be used to
## tune the size of the margins to suit different devices and reading modes.
#
#
# Push an extra 8 bytes of scratch space onto the stack
replace_bytes = 50BAB8, B7 B0, B9 B0
replace_bytes = 50BABC, 02 AF, 04 AF
# Save this value for the third stack argument of the following function call
replace_bytes = 50BD38, AD F8 04 30, 02 93 01 93
# getReadingLineHeight(...) --> getReadingLeftMargin(...) b8260c 4b4ecc
replace_bytes = 50BD6A, CD F7 A0 EE, A9 F7 B0 E8
#
replace_bytes = 50BD6E, 4F F0 FF 33 07 F1, 00 23 01 22 0A 21
replace_bytes = 50BD74, 3C 0A 00 93, 00 93 01 91
replace_bytes = 50BD78, 20 23 AD F8 04 30, 42 43 92 08 01 3A
replace_bytes = 50BD7E, 50 46 21 46, B8 BF 00 22
replace_bytes = 50BD82, 00 22 67 23, 13 A8 21 46
# QString.arg(double, ...) --> QString.arg(int64, ...) b8229c 4b43f4
replace_bytes = 50BD86, B6 F7 EA ED, A8 F7 36 EB
# mov r1,sl; --> adds r1,sp,#76
replace_bytes = 50BD8C, 51 46, 13 A9
# mov r0,sl; --> adds r0,sp,#76
replace_bytes = 50BD92, 50 46, 13 A8
# (Remember to pop scratch space if necessary)
#
#      padding-bottom: %1em !important;\n
# --> }@page{margin:%1px 00px %1px}body{
find_base_address = `\x20\0p\0a\0d\0d\0i\0n\0g\0-\0b\0o\0t\0t\0o\0m\0:\0 \0%\01\0e\0m\0 \0!\0i\0m\0p\0o\0r\0t\0a\0n\0t\0;\0\n\0`
replace_string = 0000, `\x20\0p\0a\0d\0d\0i\0n\0g\0-\0b\0o\0t\0t\0o\0m\0:\0 \0%\01\0e\0m\0 \0!\0i\0m\0p\0o\0r\0t\0a\0n\0t\0;\0\n\0`, `}\0@\0p\0a\0g\0e\0{\0m\0a\0r\0g\0i\0n\0:\0%\01\0p\0x\0 \00\00\0p\0x\0 \0%\01\0p\0x\0}\0b\0o\0d\0y\0{\0`
#
#
# *** Replacement values start here, don't change anything above ***
#
# Optional replacement value: Uncomment for a FIXED TOP MARGIN size in px,
# default 25px. Replacement value is margin size, two digits separated by \0
# (Leave commented out for an adjustable top margin.)
#replace_string = 001C, `%\01`, `2\05`
#
# Optional replacement value: Uncomment for a FIXED BOTTOM MARGIN size in px,
# default 00px. Replacement value is margin size, two digits separated by \0
# (Leave commented out for an adjustable bottom margin.)
#replace_string = 0030, `%\01`, `0\00`
#
# Optional replacement value: Uncomment to set the minimum LEFT/RIGHT MARGIN
# size in px, default 15px. (This margin will overlap the left/right margin
# set with the adjustment slider, not add to it.) Replacement value is margin
# size, two digits separated by \0
#replace_string = 0026, `0\00`, `1\05`
#
base_address = 000000
# Suggested values:
#   24 (Touch/Mini), 30 (Glo/Aura/Aura2ed), 43 (AuraHD/H2O/GloHD), 56 (Aura One)
#
# Replacement value: Set this to the size of the device's built-in top margin,
# in pixels. This value is subtracted from the adjustable top/bottom margin
# (if any) to compensate for any unremovable built-in top margin.
# Suggested values are:
#   0 For full-screen reading mode (fullScreenReading=true, all devices)
#  15 for normal reading mode (all devices)
replace_int = 50BD7C, 1, 0
</Patch>

The patch works fine on my Glo HD with fw 4.1.7729. I don't have KA1

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_005.png
Views:	310
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	152381   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_004.png
Views:	290
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	152382   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_003.png
Views:	279
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	152383   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	285
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	152384   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	302
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	152385  
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:43 AM   #28
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
The patch works fine on my Glo HD with fw 4.1.7729. I don't have KA1
Thanks for testing it. Did you customise the patch to set the step-size of the top/bottom margins? From your screenshots the top margin looks a bit small relative to the left/right margins, so I'm guessing you left it at the default value of 30:
Code:
# Suggested values:
Old 10-15-2016, 12:52 PM   #29
GeoffR
Wizard

I've updated the attachment in post #1 include the following patches (all disabled by default):

`ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins` (libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch)
`Changing the info panel in full size screensaver` (nickel.patch)
`Dictionary frame size` (nickel.patch)
`Increase The Cover Size In Library` (nickel.patch)
`Increasing The View Details Container` (nickel.patch)

Although the strings in oren64's four patches are compressed, the compressed bytes haven't changed between versions, so I made them into multi-version patches.
Old 10-15-2016, 03:04 PM   #30
oren64
I need a chapter break

That very good to know.

In `Changing the info panel in full size screensaver:
Can you also add a option to move the move the panel to the bottom corner.

Spoiler:
Code:
/* TOUCH - To move the info pannel to the bottom corner change 000px to 700px */
#verticalWidget[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {
  qproperty-topMargin: 700px;
}
/* Glo\AuraTo - move the info pannel to the bottomcorner change 000px to 904px */
#verticalWidget[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {
  qproperty-topMargin: 904px;
}
/* Aura HD\H2O - To move the info pannel to the bottom corner change 0000px to 1290px */
#verticalWidget[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {
  qproperty-topMargin: 1290px;
}
/* AURA One - To move the info pannel to the bottom corner change 0000px to 1672px */
#verticalWidget[qApp_deviceIsDaylight="true"] {
  qproperty-topMargin: 1672px;
}

I tried to do it, but I see you change code address, and I didn't manage to compress the nickel file with ccs nickel-modified.

Last edited by oren64; 10-15-2016 at 06:06 PM.