Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-15-2014, 12:22 PM   #16
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecell3000 View Post
yes, here the source.
Thank you!
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:15 PM   #17
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Thank you!
One small bug , When I boot into KSM with Cecell3000's driver on the H2O, start menu starts upside-down. When I tap on any of the menu entries (where they SHOULD be, not where they are when upside-down), the display flips and from then on stays the right way up (until the next boot).
This is only a minor inconvenience, everything otherwise appears to work perfectly.

I have just looked into it a bit further, if I exit nickel to KSM, it is upside-down again.
Also a short press on the power button flips it to the right way up.

Last edited by jlynton; 10-15-2014 at 01:23 PM. Reason: additions
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #18
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
This is purely about the touch though. You can see a fix to the screen orientation problem here.

Or more properly something like this (or using -o, but I find that less readable):
Code:
if [ "$PRODUCT" = "dahlia" ] || [ "$PRODUCT" = "dragon" ]; then
    sh $kbmenudir/kobomenu.sh -autoselectafter=0
fi
(Really people, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar… they're fantastic for crowdsourcing stuff like this. )
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #19
tonytee
tonytee has learned how to read e-bookstonytee has learned how to read e-bookstonytee has learned how to read e-bookstonytee has learned how to read e-bookstonytee has learned how to read e-bookstonytee has learned how to read e-bookstonytee has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo Glo & H2O
Hi Guys, Sergey et al,

Thanks very very much for pbchess/CR3 for kobo, it's a way of life for me...

I was freaking out when I couldn't get it to work (1.2.6.42) on my just bought H2O.
So another thanks to Cecell3000 for the libKoboTS.so that made it all work again (with some small glitches)

I hope it will make it to the official pbchess release someday... If I can help (testing maybe) please let me know, I know my way around ssh/busybox pretty well.

Anyhow... some things I can't get to work yet:
- the "new" libKoboTS.so does not reset the "Sleep timeout" somehow so the H2O keeps falling asleep. (maybe there's a fix i havent tried yet..., i will give frenzies screen orientation fix a try you never know)
- the top (3) lines of the screen are behind the bezel, so some stuff is not visible, would there be some way to tweak that in cr?

Anyhows, thanks again, keep up the good work... Greetz Tony
tonytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:52 AM   #20
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytee View Post
- the "new" libKoboTS.so does not reset the "Sleep timeout" somehow so the H2O keeps falling asleep.
- the top (3) lines of the screen are behind the bezel, so some stuff is not visible, would there be some way to tweak that in cr?
I confirm it on Aura H2O.

Last edited by kaznelson; 11-18-2014 at 01:22 PM.
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2014, 09:25 AM   #21
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I wish the sources were in a Git repository or some such.

But more important, it's working! Now I'll be off to have a look at KOReader.
Thanks, Frenzie!

I'll begin step by step publish sources of drivers, my eink library and CR. Also I'll review the new driver and add support of sleep timeout tomorrow.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:53 AM   #22
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Thanks, Frenzie!

I'll begin step by step publish sources of drivers, my eink library and CR. Also I'll review the new driver and add support of sleep timeout tomorrow.
That's great news.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 03:21 PM   #23
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
That's great news.
I started publish sources here:

https://github.com/sergeyvl/vlasovsoft

But the KoboTS_h2o driver isn't working due to some reason (kaznelson reported). I used Cecell3000's sources with my cosmetic changes...

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 12-01-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:22 PM   #24
Cecell3000
Enthusiast
Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
I started publish sources here:

https://github.com/sergeyvl/vlasovsoft

But the KoboTS_h2o driver isn't working due to some reason (kaznelson reported). I used Cecell3000's sources with my cosmetic changes...
I compared /koboTS/kobots.cpp and /koboTS_h2o/kobots.cpp and changed kobots_h2o, and seems to function ok.
tested: kobo Glo with pbchess-2014.12 and KSM v. 06

maybe would be better to use only one libkoboTS for all models kobo??

not rename files.
copy file libKoboTS.so and libKoboTS_h2o.so to folder:
(important: use the two files):

#kobolauncher
/.kobo/vlasovsoft/Qt/plugins/mousedrivers/

and or

#Kobo Start Menu
/.kobo/kbmenu/Qt/plugins/mousedrivers/

do not copy only libKoboTS_h2o.so for kobo start menu, use the two files: libKoboTS.so and libKoboTS_h2o.so.

use at your own risk

sorry my English, (google translator)
Attached Files
File Type: zip libKoboTS_drivers.zip (17.6 KB, 310 views)
File Type: zip KoboTS_sources.zip (6.4 KB, 274 views)

Last edited by Cecell3000; 12-02-2014 at 03:00 AM. Reason: added libKoboTS.so and libKoboTS_h2o.so
Cecell3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:25 AM   #25
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecell3000 View Post
tested: kobo Glo with pbchess-2014.12 and KSM v. 06
On H2O works (including sleeptimer).
Thanks!
Old 12-02-2014, 03:42 AM   #26
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Thanks, Cecell3000

Thanks, Cecell3000!
Old 12-02-2014, 04:42 AM   #27
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
On H2O works (including sleeptimer).
Thanks!
It works, but doesn't reset to last input.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:31 PM   #28
kaznelson
Old Kaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
doesn't reset to last input.
What does it look like?
Old 12-04-2014, 03:10 AM   #29
jlynton
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
What does it look like?
Sorry, it wasn't clear.

If you set the sleep timer to, say, 10 on the H2O, then leave it, it will sleep after 10 minutes. If you then wake it and start reading, it will sleep again after 10 minutes, even if the you turned the page just before.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #30
kaznelson
Old Kaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
If you then wake it and start reading, it will sleep again after 10 minutes, even if the you turned the page just before.
Hmm, with last drivers on my H2O this problem is not present...