Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2014, 03:48 AM   #16
sroland42
sroland42 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Hi ,

if I use koreader with nickel it works but with advboot after couple of minits it freeze.
sroland42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #17
sroland42
sroland42 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
if someone try to use koreader without kobo launch screen (select the koreader at the bootselection screen) and prevously installed koreader with launcher, it will be freezed.

To fix it change the 90_koreader.sh script in this way:

echo "Launching koreader"
# we don't need fmon anymore
killall fmon
/mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/koreader_kobo.sh
sroland42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #18
Fabry
Enthusiast
Fabry doesn't litterFabry doesn't litter

Device: AuraHD
Attention: New Firmware 3.2.0 has changed rcS boot file, we need a new version for AdvBoot.

Please don't install AdvBoot 1.0 with FW 3.2.0
Fabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #19
shadoooo
shadoooo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AURA HD
hello.

I added a new version for the 3.20 firmware version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8z4roh6i1k..._v1.1_3.20.zip

I also added a new version of the koreader launch script, that let the device power off instead of rebooting it, when exiting from koreader.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nakogvyh5...eader_v1.2.zip

Hope this helps.
Andrea
shadoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #20
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoooo View Post
hello.

I added a new version for the 3.20 firmware version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8z4roh6i1k..._v1.1_3.20.zip

I also added a new version of the koreader launch script, that let the device power off instead of rebooting it, when exiting from koreader.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nakogvyh5...eader_v1.2.zip

Hope this helps.
Andrea
Can both versions be installed on 3.2.0 firmware or only first one?
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #21
peyton
Enthusiast
peyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Mini 32GB
Wanna test it on my kobo mini but where i have to put the koreader zip file then ? I can't find a good tutorial without file monitor.
peyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #22
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
HOW TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyton View Post
Wanna test it on my kobo mini but where i have to put the koreader zip file then ? I can't find a good tutorial without file monitor.

1. insert usb cable into kobo mini and your PC
2. Activate connection on your kobo
3. Wait your reader's folder to be opened or open it manually from PC resources
4. Open the folder named ".kobo"
5. Open koreader's zip file, drag the folder named "koreader" inside the folder named ".kobo" of the reader
6. finished (almost if you have correctly installed advboot and adv scritp
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:25 AM   #23
shadoooo

Hello,
the only installer that could have problems related to firmware versions
is the main installer of advboot.
Please use the correct file, checking if you have version 2.10-3.10 or 3.20 (and up).
The scripts are all compatible, but of course latest versions have better features.

Andrea
Old 03-25-2014, 07:07 AM   #24
peyton
Enthusiast
peyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks xping !
Old 03-26-2014, 05:31 PM   #25
peyton
Enthusiast

install worked great but i have some strange results. I freshly install advboot and koreader, it launch but i can't save any option in it and it freeze few minutes after i start reading.. Anyone got that problem ?

Another question, can't we run coolreader (without bpchess) the same way instead or koreader with a modded script or it won't run at all ? Never tried it and wanted to see if it could work as koreader didn't really on my mini actually.. I really like the landscape mode.

Last edited by peyton; 03-26-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:40 PM   #26
shadoooo

I never tried coolreader yet, but definitely it should work.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:26 AM   #27
peyton
Enthusiast

I tried to check the files but i don't really sure i can reboot without the launcher, reboot file and co are not in cr folder (i'm neebie ) could you check if you got time to ? Thanks.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #28
peyton
Enthusiast

As koreader still freeze, how could i disable advboot without factory reset ?

Do i just have to delete the script file ?

I wanna install Kobo start menu to use cool reader without using fmon with pbchess (and try koreader by this way to check if it freeze too or not).

Thanks !
Old 04-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #29
jpalacios
jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
advboot 1.2

Hi,

I updated advboot to work with devices updated to firmware 3.3.
Download from here: advboot 1.2

Cheers.

Last edited by jpalacios; 04-28-2014 at 01:42 PM.
jpalacios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #30
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalacios View Post
Hi,

I updated advboot to work with devices updated to firmware 3.3.
Download from here: advboot 1.2

Cheers.
Thanks! I was playing with modifying the script myself and managed to crash my Aura HD. Looking at your modified script made my error rather obvious and embarrassing.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote