Sony 38 17.35%
Kobo tablet 2 0.91%
Kobo e-ink 66 30.14%
iPad 13 5.94%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #16
mcrow
Zealot
mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4/Kindle Fire HD/Kindle Fire HDX 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Kindle PW so I did not vote for anything since I feel that a PW is distinct from other Kindle eink readers.
I understand there is a distinction but the PW is an e-ink device.
mcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #17
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Kindle paperwhite. I read occasionally on my kobo/nook and ipad and Android tablet, but the Kindle is still king.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #18
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
I understand there is a distinction but the PW is an e-ink device.
Yes, but I will never go back and read on an device without the kind of light a PW have so I feel that voting for eink is not correct. The importand thing for me is the light and the battery time and the weight. It is not being able to read in the sun.

Last edited by tompe; 12-30-2013 at 07:51 PM.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #19
mcrow
Zealot
mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4/Kindle Fire HD/Kindle Fire HDX 7"
So far results are pretty much what I expected for this website. Seems like a lot of Kobo and Kindle users hang out here and I know there are a good number of Sony fans. I thought I'd see more Nook fans, they seem like good e-readers.
mcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #20
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
I really enjoy my iPads, both the iPad 2 and the Mini. I was surprised to find that I don't mind the iPhone 5 for reading either, but I likely wouldn't read on it regularly. So far, it's been when I find myself in an unexpected situation where I'm waiting and need to kill time and I didn't happen to bring the Mini along, then I'll use the iPhone. The iPads are not the greatest in bright sunlight, however. I wonder if anti-glare screens would help, but they seem kind of pricey. I still do like my Sony PRS 650, but it's such a nuisance adding books to it that I find I seldom use it anymore. I usually add books directly to my devices via wifi. If the Sony had wifi, it would see a lot more use (like on camping weekends).
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #21
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I can't vote because the only thing close to an Android tablet in the list is the Kobo tablet - the Nook and Fire are not real Android tablets. You may not have wanted to list a lot of devices, but should have included at least "Android Tablet".
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #22
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
I thought I'd see more Nook fans.
So did B&N.
( BA-DA-BA-DUMP)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #23
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Other.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #24
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I voted for Kindle e-ink. They are excellent devices and great for reading.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #25
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
I've probably had and read on one of everything. I've had a couple of Nook tablets, used a Nexus tablet, had a Kindle Fire. What I have now (for portable devices) are a Kindle PW2, iPhone 5, iPad mini, and Samsung Note 8. I always have my phone at hand, but seldom read on that small screen. If I'm going to be away from home I generally take the iPad mini because it is the most versatile, with the Note 8 a close second. If I want to read with no distractions, I bring the PW. I read at night before bed on the PW. I find that if I have a tablet with me, I'm far too tempted to surf the web, check email, etc.
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #26
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
After retiring my Kindle DS I have just stuck to an 10.1" Android tablet with FBReader using my entire library copied to the device as exported from Calibre. It just works well for me, no network access is required, no Calibre server to fuss with and I can use the tablet to do other stuff too.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #27
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Of the items on the list, my favorite to read on is the Nook HD tablet, followed by the Kobo Glo. Although in some situations, that would be reversed.

Not on the list is my true favorite, the Nexus 7 tablet.

I am curious about how many people read on their smart phones. Now that some of them are so big, do people read on them a lot more?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #28
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I am curious about how many people read on their smart phones. Now that some of them are so big, do people read on them a lot more?
Why not? There isn't too much of a difference anymore between a 6.1-6.3 inch "phone" and a 7 inch tablet. I for one could never use a smartphone that was bigger than a Kindle... too unwieldy to make calls with, and impossible to keep in pants pocket.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #29
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I voted Kobo e-ink, but that's for novel reading. For graphic novels, cookbooks, and magazines, it's iPad Mini Retina for me.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #30
shootingMaNs
later...
shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, iRiver Story HD, Nook Color Kobo Libra H2O
My Kobo Mini is my favorite, followed by my PRS-600. I hardly ever use my Nook Color for reading anymore.
shootingMaNs is offline   Reply With Quote