Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
Is it my imagination, or are the prices fluctuating a bit? I put a book on my wish list this morning that was $6.94; now it's $7-something.

Guess I should have done my shopping earlier in the morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
I'm seeing the same thing. All the books on my wishlist were more than they were last night.
Are these Harpercollins eBooks?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #17
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
I think one was; the others were non-agency books from other publishers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are these Harpercollins eBooks?
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #18
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
Is it my imagination, or are the prices fluctuating a bit? I put a book on my wish list this morning that was $6.94; now it's $7-something.

Guess I should have done my shopping earlier in the morning!
I looks like they changed the discount to 25% and are taking another 10% off when you use Google wallet which puts you at about 33% instead of the original 35%.

But be careful at checkout, mine have been totaling up higher than the original cart total. It looks like it's adding in the $2.00 discount for an $18.00 cart as a charge instead of a credit when it goes through the Google transaction.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I looks like they changed the discount to 25% and are taking another 10% off when you use Google wallet which puts you at about 33% instead of the original 35%.

But be careful at checkout, mine have been totaling up higher than the original cart total. It looks like it's adding in the $2.00 discount for an $18.00 cart as a charge instead of a credit when it goes through the Google transaction.
Yep it looks like the books I bought earlier went up now. I wish they make up their mind they said the sale was good through midnight and now they changed it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #20
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
But be careful at checkout, mine have been totaling up higher than the original cart total.
That happened to me a week or so ago. Little time elapsed between checking the final cart prices and paying through Paypal, yet my receipt showed higher prices for all books. When I complained to Customer Service, Michael responded immediately that the prices had obviously changed but that there was no way to determine what the prices used to be.

Until BoB can itemize the books and prices at the Paypal site before clicking that last button, I don't trust their checkout process.

Despite being wary, I've purchased several more books and have been lucky enough to pay only what I initially agreed to pay.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #21
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
I bought a book yesterday about lunch and it was on sale for $4.71, then last night it was on sale for $4.09. After the adjustments today, another audio book priced the same was back at $4.71, and even after the Google Checkout discount, it came to $4.24, so as someone said, it's more like 33% as opposed to the original 35%.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:24 AM   #22
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
I just checked the prices of my own books, and they are indeed cheaper than Amazon (UK). I'm quite impressed by that.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #23
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Are they allowing discounts on Harper Collins books?

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #24
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Are they allowing discounts on Harper Collins books?
Yes, they've been discounting HC books since retailers have been able to.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote