Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #16
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Picked the PDFs no problem for my iPad...had to click on the book picture and ask to open in a new window.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #17
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I downloaded Emergency Wife Lost and Found (in epub) several years ago when Harlequin had some sort of anniversary promotion -- they gave away a dozen titles for free, if I recall correctly, including this one.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #18
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Thanks! I picked up the three new titles in PDF, wish the epubs had worked.

If anyone downloaded the Christine Merrill "Duchess" book in PDF when it was added to the free book page, I noticed the epub version is up now. That's the one I mentioned in the Free/Bargain thread recently that I was practicing my ebook editing skills on. The new epub they have up is nice and clean, so I wasted a few hours! Oops.

Did anyone else get asked to do a Harlequin survey before downloading? I was asked before I downloaded the last of the three new listings.
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
Thanks! I picked up the three new titles in PDF, wish the epubs had worked.

If anyone downloaded the Christine Merrill "Duchess" book in PDF when it was added to the free book page, I noticed the epub version is up now. That's the one I mentioned in the Free/Bargain thread recently that I was practicing my ebook editing skills on. The new epub they have up is nice and clean, so I wasted a few hours! Oops.

Did anyone else get asked to do a Harlequin survey before downloading? I was asked before I downloaded the last of the three new listings.
Yep I took the survey the first time and skipped it after that.
So that was the book you was working on? I've had that happen before with self published books. The author put out a fix version after I tried to fix the first one.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #20
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, that's the one. It was a good learning experience. I'm keeping the file I was working on and may yet play with it and compare their formatting to mine, just to further my learnin.

I sent an email to the "Contact Us" address at the bottom of the page, to let them know the epubs aren't working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Eh, close enough. Fixed.

IIRC, the Marinelli book was previously offered by Mills & Boon as part of their Everyone's Reading promo site, not HQN proper. They haven't rotated their selection yet as they said they were planning to, and are now demanding signups and logins, unfortunately, but still DRM-free ePubs otherwise for anyone who hasn't encountered them before.
Thanks for that link, I am one that hadn't seen those before!
Advert
Old 08-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #21
pisceschick
Addict

Looks like the epubs are fixed!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I grabbed them.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #23
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
They are! And they are now mine!
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #24
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I grabbed them.
so much to read now! Thanks!
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #25
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
The english ones are, but not the french or spanish. You'd think they would have checked them all while they were at it.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:04 AM   #26
pisceschick
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
The english ones are, but not the french or spanish. You'd think they would have checked them all while they were at it.
Oh no! You might email them, they reacted pretty quickly it seems.