Notices

Old 04-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #16
Dingo
Enthusiast
Dingo began at the beginning.

Device: entourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgher View Post
Yes, but you need to unpack gapps from some archive as well.
OK, seems complicated.
I remember that after just after ermine update I copyed all my gaaps from old G1 and it worked for till this time.

I do not understand what happened because I got new google play (market) update allmost first here, that update also worked fine till day before yesterday.

Maybe to try again copy/paste method from G1 (yes I still got it and it is on froyo).

Please you did not reply if I will try your method do I need to downgrade again to Dingo or I could start with ermine update all over again ?
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #17
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
Well, as usual, you could try it to start it with Ermine (Step 2). Revert to Dingo in case that doesn't work out right for you.

Gapps are already embedded into the Ermine 1.01 update by MasterTec.
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #18
Dingo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgher View Post
Well, as usual, you could try it to start it with Ermine (Step 2). Revert to Dingo in case that doesn't work out right for you.

Gapps are already embedded into the Ermine 1.01 update by MasterTec.
Thanks, I'll try from step 2 but probably not today.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #19
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
what seems to have worked for me is
(i) revert to dingo, (ii) ermine, (iii) Burgher's Allmine and then copy the file serial_number with a 14 digit hex number to /system ....
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #20
Dingo
Enthusiast

I finally did it easy way by combinating two threads what I will try to merge here

How To: Get the Android Market on your eDGe

Before you get started, you need the following things:

Basically, this is what you do:

1. Root your eDGe. You can use several different procedures, but the easiest is probably just to download z4root from the Amazon Appstore. Make sure to select the "Permanent Root" option.

2. Next, install Titanium Backup and Root Explorer on your eDGe.
DO NOT START Titanium backup yet !

3. Download, unrar and copy folder on your edge internal storage
http://www.crocko.com/6F78D3A6CD9949...niumBackup.rar

4. On your eDGE, go into Titanium Backup. Then, you want to restore the gapps, which should be crossed out at the bottom of the screen (alternatively, if you've already been messing around with the gapps, you can just restore them on top of the old versions). When you restore, make sure to include BOTH the application AND the data. Moving the data from your phone to your eDGe is an essential part of this process.

5. Finally, you need to do a little text editing. On your eDGe, go into the root explorer and navigate to the system folder. Press "mount r/w" on the top of the screen. Press and hold on the "build.prop" file. Then, select "open in text editor." Find the line that says "ro.build.fingerprint." You want to change it to the following:

"ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF91/43546:user/release-keys"

6. Menu - save&exit in root explorer app.

7. Reboot your machine.

8. Go into the Market and setup your Google account.

PS Leave it for some time online to update and sync everything.

Last edited by Dingo; 04-01-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Advert
Old 04-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #21
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Market access is there, but for almost all applications, even those that I know work (like Dolphin Browser etc) it says that the app is not compatible with the device, any known workaround ? like pretending it is a passion rather than a nexus ?
Old 04-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #22
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
Market access is there, but for almost all applications, even those that I know work (like Dolphin Browser etc) it says that the app is not compatible with the device, any known workaround ? like pretending it is a passion rather than a nexus ?
Discussed HERE.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #23
fekhner
Addict

Yes indeed thanks. I have another problem after the upgrade to allmine: the library does not work any longer (error message: could not insert into database). I believe that this problem is discussed in the allmine thread for the PE, but before I begin reading, maybe somebody knows the fix or can point me to the appropriate post ?
Old 04-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #24
Burgher
Connoisseur

You need to make sqlite update of library.db