Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-04-2007, 09:45 PM   #16
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Any SD card over 2 GB will be a problem. Off brand stuff seems to also be a problem. Check the Wiki. There was also a thread about a year ago on what worked and what did not work. All San Disk, Lexor, and Sony brand stuff seems to work fine.

The Sony has a flat file system. Even if you segment your music into folders it will play the music in alphabetical order based on the filename. No skips, no playlists, no random selection.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:08 PM   #17
Starfish
Connoisseur
Starfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Hi,

I found a way to alphabetize Collections on the memory card. Instead of loading them into the reader from the software, load them onto your memory card. Windows will alphabetize them and when you load them into the reader, they are all alphabetized!
This also works with additions to the memory card, as long as you load the new files directly onto the memory card, instead of through the reader to the memory card.
Starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2007, 10:11 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have a 2GB Micro Center branded SD card that works perfectly in my digital camera and my wife's 500 and my 505. It only cost it think maybe $16 (roughly).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote