Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #16
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
That launcher looks pretty snazzy on the Fire.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #17
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
It appears that Launcher EX is no longer in the Amazon app store.
It IS in the Amazon App store. But Amazon only displays those apps that are marked as being supported on that device. I have 6 devices associated with my account and Go Launcher EX still shows up for those.

edit:
If you manually install a copy of Go Launcher, make sure that you download the same version that is available on the Amazon App store. I made the mistake of accidentally downloading and installing an older version which caused the Fire's UI to be unresponsive. It was only by using the Android SDK, temporarily rooting it, deleting the app, and unrooting, was I able to save it from the brickyard.

Be careful!

Last edited by WillysJeepMan; 11-21-2011 at 01:33 PM.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #18
MarkY
MarkY began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I downloaded and then sideloaded version 2.65. Everything seems to work fine except for the wallpaper switching after coming back from unlocking the screen. Can't figure that out, but the Amazon walls make it hard to see some of the app icons.
MarkY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #19
dengar
Connoisseur
dengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with others

Device: PW2, K3, Ipad 4, Kindle Fire
I got it installed on the Fire. Looks real nice but is there anyway to increase the font and icon size?
dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #20
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Does Go Launcher EX replace the Carousel? Does anyone have a link to a trusted APK?
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #21
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
Does Go Launcher EX replace the Carousel? Does anyone have a link to a trusted APK?
It replaces the Carousel and the entire Fire launcher, which is problematic as that prevents you from easily selecting books, etc. I only installed it to play around with it. However, you can toggle between the Fire stock launcher and any 3rd party launchers you install.

I got my app from the Amazon Store before they hid it but I think it is available through other locations.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #22
dengar
Connoisseur
dengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with othersdengar plays well with others

Device: PW2, K3, Ipad 4, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
Straight from the vendor

http://61.145.124.93/soft/3GHeart/go...r_ex_v2.66.apk
dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #23
MarkY
MarkY began at the beginning.

I've since changed from Go Launcher EX to ADW Launcher. I think it looks better and responds a bit better. I then have a shortcut on by Kindle to go back to the Amazon launcher. I also put the ADW Launcher on my "favorites" shelf. This way I can switch back and forth between launchers.

ADW Launcher
MarkY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #24
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
i couldn't get the ADW launcher to run... it would crash on launch requesting/demanding that i force close.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:28 AM   #25
pgnds
Patty
pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-3, Fire 1st & 5 gen 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
i couldn't get the ADW launcher to run... it would crash on launch requesting/demanding that i force close.
Same here.

As for Go Launcher my wallpaper changes to the lock screen image. Any ideas how to fix this, I am not have rooted?
pgnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:04 AM   #26
sschiimel
sschiimel began at the beginning.

edit:
If you manually install a copy of Go Launcher, make sure that you download the same version that is available on the Amazon App store. I made the mistake of accidentally downloading and installing an older version which caused the Fire's UI to be unresponsive. It was only by using the Android SDK, temporarily rooting it, deleting the app, and unrooting, was I able to save it from the brickyard.

I guess I just made that mistake since I now can't get beyond the Kindle Fire splash screen. I would appreciate complete instructions on how to fix the problem. I'm rooted, by the way.
sschiimel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:30 AM   #27
Xeddicus
Xeddicus began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschiimel View Post
edit:

I guess I just made that mistake since I now can't get beyond the Kindle Fire splash screen. I would appreciate complete instructions on how to fix the problem. I'm rooted, by the way.
http://reviewhorizon.com/2011/11/how...eloading-apps/

And then on a command prompt:

Code:
adb uninstall <package name>
I don't know the package name for Go Launcher EX, sorry.

If that fails for whatever reason give this page a look: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1356257
Xeddicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:55 AM   #28
lear2003
htdtfbufuubfyipeeeeee
lear2003 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
uk user

[QUOTE=jswinden;1838082]There are at least two alternative launchers within the Amazon app store which can be installed on the KFire.

do you know of any way of opening APK files from my fire, i live in the uk so cannot access the app store to download explorer, i have the Apk files on my rooted fire but no way of accessing them, any help appreciated.
lear2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:06 AM   #29
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Some more things to try to avoid the Carousel so thanks for sharing folks.

I'll give an alternate launcher a go ASAP. I have Launcher Pro now on my NT. Would this work with the KF?
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:17 AM   #30
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Same here. Fled it ok from handango but it crashed when run. It looks very cool in the you tube video
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote