Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #16
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Very Nice! None of this refurbished schtuff either!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #17
Greg_E
Zealot
Greg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheese

Device: Acer Iconia a500, XP tablet PC
Thanks, one of the people I work with has a slightly damaged Nook and wants a new one.
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
Thanks, one of the people I work with has a slightly damaged Nook and wants a new one.
You're welcome. Another one to consider is a refurbished Color for $149 at B&N. It's like new and carries the full warranty of one year. Occasionally, the refurbs are available on the various daily deal sites at an even lower price.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #19
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
I just saw that the "Fred's Super Dollar" chain is having a Coby Kryos tablet on BF for $99.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #20
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Toshiba Thrive on Groupon for only $299 more...
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #21
Greg_E
Zealot
Greg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheese

This is not concrete, but I was told by a worker at Bestbuy that they have large numbers of Asus Transformer in stock. The guy didn't know anything more than they just received a large shipment of them at the store he works at. They may use it as a loss leader to get you in the store, or just got a great price if they bought XX thousands so they can sell them low to get people in the stores. Time will tell and we don't have too much of that left to wait.

He also said they ordered a bunch of HP tablets and that some where going into storage for later in December and that they probably won't be selling for the low $99 dollars again this year.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #22
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
Looking for Acer Iconia a500, please post if you see a good price, prefer store pickup that I can claim on Monday or Tuesday. $250 (or less) is my trigger point and I think this is realistic during this time.
These tablets have been selling for $199 in Australia but have now been sold out across the country. I have no idea what is happening. I got mine for free when we leased a computer for our business and I love it, especially with the keyboard app I downloaded. I like it way more than the I pad.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #23
Greg_E
Zealot

Not exactly a black friday deal, but WOOT has a XOOM tablet for $329 today:
http://www.woot.com/sale/motorola-xo...m_medium=email

I bought a used Iconia a500 on ebay last night, assuming it is in good condition I'll probably not be looking at any other tablets.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #24
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Best Buy Black Friday ads leaked!

Tubemonkey since your the maintiner of this thread maybe you can put all deals on the first post of the thread.
  • $100 for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Keyboard Dock (which is about $50 off)
  • Acer Iconia Tab A100 7″ Honeycomb tablet for $190 (normally $330)
  • Toshiba Thrive 10″ Honeycomb tablet for $280 (normally $400)
  • Barnes & Noble NOOK Simple Touch Reader for $80 (normally $100)

For a complete list of sales see.
Black Friday info (Best Buy)
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Tubemonkey since your the maintiner of this thread maybe you can put all deals on the first post of the thread.
  • $100 for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Keyboard Dock (which is about $50 off)
  • Acer Iconia Tab A100 7″ Honeycomb tablet for $190 (normally $330)
  • Toshiba Thrive 10″ Honeycomb tablet for $280 (normally $400)
  • Barnes & Noble NOOK Simple Touch Reader for $80 (normally $100)

For a complete list of sales see.
Black Friday info (Best Buy)
Thanks, and that's my intention. I'm playing catch up right now, since a bunch of ads have recently appeared. I just started similar threads for Nooks and Kindles.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

BFAds' Black Friday iPhone App

Quote:
The BFAds.net Black Friday app lets you plan your Black Friday shopping trip weeks in advance as it provides you with early access to the season's best sale advertisements and deals from major retailers! Browse the ads by store or category, read the latest sale news and even create your own shopping list to take with you to the store on the big day!
It's a nice app. I have it on my iPod touch and I'm in the process of building a shopping list. Very handy to have the ads readily available.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #27
GreatCanadian
Enthusiast
GreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Vox
Blackberry Playbooks on sale today in Canada (Futureshop, Bestbuy, Chapters, and perhaps more) 300 dollars. I picked up 4 lunchtime today...200 bucks each for 16gb.
GreatCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #28
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatCanadian View Post
Blackberry Playbooks on sale today in Canada (Futureshop, Bestbuy, Chapters, and perhaps more) 300 dollars. I picked up 4 lunchtime today...200 bucks each for 16gb.
Because of resellers raiding the stores on the first day, I am unable to find a 16 gig model in Whitby area.

Very uncanadian I would say
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #29
GreatCanadian
Enthusiast
GreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Vox
Hope you don 't think that I am reseller!! One for me, Christmas gift for my wife, and 2 for friends children. Try Sears online. They had them at the store here in St. John's yesterday.
GreatCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #30
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatCanadian View Post
Hope you don 't think that I am reseller!! One for me, Christmas gift for my wife, and 2 for friends children. Try Sears online. They had them at the store here in St. John's yesterday.
Thanks bud, will do
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote