Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-15-2011, 03:45 PM   #16
physics
Enthusiast
physics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX
I'd really like hyperlinks to work in pdf documents. (Although since I have a dx, this is rather moot. We still don't have the same pdf support that you people with a K3 have.)
physics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #17
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyMunky View Post
hopefully you are joking
Joking about it being a bug, or joking that it would be a nice feature?

I'm with Stickybuns, FW updates aren't just about bug fixes.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #18
AthenaAtDelphi
"Gnothi Seauton"
AthenaAtDelphi doesn't litterAthenaAtDelphi doesn't litter

Device: Asus Eee 1000H, BeBook Mini, Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What bugs are you encountering in the 3.2 firmware that would necessitate a new firmware release?
A new firmware version is also necessary to introduce new functionalities .

Some suggestions :
2 suggestions to improve the way the menus work
a suggestion to improve the browser experience

AthenaAtDelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #19
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
With the probable release of the K4 in the not to distant future we may not see any more features added to the K3. (the current firmware of all models going back to the K1 already support time expiring files like those used for library books so an update for that is likely not necessary)
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:04 AM   #20
sorin
Connoisseur
sorin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
I have a problem with location, if i read a book and a i want to jump to a desired location after i press Go to -> location nothing happens.
I have a kindle 3 with the latest firmware.
sorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2011, 03:14 AM   #21
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorin View Post
I have a problem with location, if i read a book and a i want to jump to a desired location after i press Go to -> location nothing happens.
I have a kindle 3 with the latest firmware.
Are you remembering to type the number of the location before pressing "Go"?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:10 AM   #22
aegeus
Enthusiast
aegeus began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader 5
I agree with this topic; I can't remember a non working feature but I do have some wishes for a greater joy of use. Let me make a small list; please note that I know some of these are possible with hacks but why should I have to hack my device if I can do it easily inside it?

1. Customizable screen locks
2. Some sort of simple password mechanism for the screen lock, a four number pin may be etc.
3. An easier method to deal with collections and possible sub collections. (create, modify, delete, copy, move files and collections inside each other etc.)
4. More fonts to choose from; three fonts simply are not enough.
5. Ability to turn on wi fi and 3g seperately. Many times I work with wi - fi and it's ok for me, however if I turn on 3g at the same time it drains battery easily.
6. Contrast setting for text files like in pdf files. I sometimes wish in some situations a darker text but impossible to set this.
7. A faster interface, better opening speeds for files etc. I believe some arrangements can be done without first upgrading to a better cpu.

These are the things in my mind for a long period of time which do not require a hardware change and seems easy to present to the customers. I don't think a reasonable company would prefer not to present these choices.

Regards.
aegeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:32 AM   #23
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
So what happened then to the built-in microphone whose functionality was to be enabled at a future date?
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:31 AM   #24
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegeus View Post
Ability to turn on wi fi and 3g seperately. Many times I work with wi - fi and it's ok for me, however if I turn on 3g at the same time it drains battery easily.
I would have guessed that once a wfi connection was detected, the 3g radio would be off until the connection was lost and it was needed to search for a connection again. Do you have any reason to believe this is not so?
Old 08-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #25
aegeus
Enthusiast
aegeus began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I would have guessed that once a wfi connection was detected, the 3g radio would be off until the connection was lost and it was needed to search for a connection again. Do you have any reason to believe this is not so?
In my situation they are turned on at the same time, 3G is a bit early, both at home and in my office; I see 3G icon for a few seconds until the device connects to wifi. So, I see that the device turns on 3g first and then wireless connection, not vice versa.

Moreover I would not like in many situations for 3G to connect itself when the device can not connect to wi fi network; because it happens so many times that I walk around with my device in my hand; so the wi fi reception comes and goes around the house, office etc. I believe the battery used for 3G for connection and disconnection is much more than wi fi detection alone.

Therefore I would like to have an option to disable 3G separate from wi fi connection.

Regards.

Regards.
aegeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #26
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
I'd like to have read books not appear in archive folder or to appear in a sub folder of archive called Read Books. I know I can download them onto my Kindle and create a Read folder but I want to remove them from my Kindle after reading. Instead I use Calibre to keep track of what I've read.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
3G is always on even when WiFi is on. This is why I leave WiFi off unless needed. My only problem is sometimes I forget to turn it off till the next time I pick it up and see my battery is near dead. It be nice for auto off after so many minutes but I don't see that happening.

Other then navigation improvements I don't really need anything else added except custom screen savers would be nice. The dead authors is something I cringe at. I no longer use the browser because I have to reboot each time to clear the cache completely before I can download from Dropbox. I now use my phone's 3G to gmail the books from my Dropbox to my Kindle. My phone never leaves my side so it's not a real big issue.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #28
ApK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
3G is always on even when WiFi is on.
How can you tell?
Old 08-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #29
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
How can you tell?
There was a thread on it last year that explained it. You might try searching for it for more details. I didn't know this when I choose the 3G model but if you leave the WiFi on you might get a week worth of battery with light use at the most. If you are a heavy reader like I am and leave it on you might get 4 days out of it.

You only need to compare the WiFi only battery's life to that of the 3G model and you can tell there is a huge difference when WiFi is left on between the two.

The 3G model drains quickly with WiFi on while WiFi only version doesn't. We had hoped Amazon would fix this but it looks like that won't be the case.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:44 AM   #30
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
There was a thread on it last year that explained it. You might try searching for it for more details. I didn't know this when I choose the 3G model but if you leave the WiFi on you might get a week worth of battery with light use at the most. If you are a heavy reader like I am and leave it on you might get 4 days out of it.
Is there any reason to leave it on? I only turn on the radio when I have a specific need for it - it's only two key presses, after all. I get close to a month between charges.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote