Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #16
supermarkitos2004
Edge User

Kveroneau, i don"t understand what you say, but I think you know about computers, and linux and so on. Now I "m typing with a usb/keyboard on my Edge Entourage, with a SPANISH keyboard layout. But my problem is that there's no way to configure it and it shows only american english charachters. I looked for in Internet and I didn-t find anything about how to resolve it. The reason why so many people write problems in this forum is simple:
ANDROID is a system designed for cellphones . The Android applications are simple and stupid.
Could you show me how to install debian on it, with firefox, openoffice, spanish keyboard and mouse, and drivers for usb/printers and other peripherals! Thre was a guy, robot, who did it but he wanted the device only to play with it and he had no more interest
I would like to open pdf, doc, epub, fb2, html, txt... and many other text formats on the e/ink screen, with landscape mode too.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #17
sjarrel
Edge User

Supermarkitos2004, you know that the spanish letters/signs (like ñ and ¿) are on the virtual keyboard on the eDGe I hope. Just press and hold a key and you have extra choices.

Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 03:14 AM   #18
supermarkitos2004
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrel View Post
Supermarkitos2004, you know that the spanish letters/signs (like ñ and ¿) are on the virtual keyboard on the eDGe I hope. Just press and hold a key and you have extra choices.
Yes, sjarrel, I know it, and I installed "Anysoftkeyboard" for a better spanish virtual keyboard. But, have you tried to write an e-mail with more than 10 sentences with your Android-virtual keyboard? I spend hours! I am more than 30, I have big fingers and I press everything and then I must delete and I must to wait for ñ symbol and it´s a ****!
That´s why I bought a spanish usb-keyboard (10€), to make everything easier.
But the problem is that the Edge Entourage IS NOT a netbook, because you can´t work with it, it´s only a big gaming-cellphone (without calls!) to play with it, with a e-ink screen that only opens PDF and without landscape mode.
I really think that the developers of this device with Android only play with it, they don´t really work with it, I am sure that they didn´t read more than 5 pages on the e-ink screen. Did you?

Old 12-23-2010, 04:47 AM   #19
robot
Edge User

Supermarkitos2004, I don't have EE at hand, but as far as I remember you just need install VK with your language, than USB keyboard will type text in language currently open in VK, so you just need to switch from english to another language.
Also instead of USB keyboard you can install soomething like WiFi_keyboard.apk, remote_android e.t.c. to use your computer to type something big in android.

Kveroneau, do not mislead users. Rooting by itself is not related to malicious code. Moreover, even if rooted, you can block root using for all applications. On the other hand, ANY apk could crack android and get root permissions. Even newbuy programmer can write something like this.
But this is not a real danger. Since the worsted thing that can be happened, is an app that will send a message to a paid numbers (something like 10$ per SMS), and this can be done on any phone without rooting.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:15 AM   #20
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermarkitos2004 View Post
....... I am sure that they didn´t read more than 5 pages on the e-ink screen. Did you?
Well actually, I do and I love it. Reading on the e-inkside is really a pleasure for me.

Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #21
supermarkitos2004
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot View Post
Supermarkitos2004, I don't have EE at hand, but as far as I remember you just need install VK with your language, than USB keyboard will type text in language currently open in VK, so you just need to switch from english to another language.
Also instead of USB keyboard you can install soomething like WiFi_keyboard.apk, remote_android e.t.c. to use your computer to type something big in android.
Robot, this doesn´t work, the usb keyboard doesn´t type the language currently in virtual keyboard!!! I set all (Location, Language...) to spanish, but Edge Entourage only "speaks" english.
And... why do I want to write in Edge Entourage from another computer via WIFI??? I can direct write in the other big computer and to do everything with the other big computer!!! ????!!!!
That´s why I bought an Edge Entourage, to work with it as a netbook with no need of a big computer. And that´s why I bought an usb-keyboard for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrel View Post
Well actually, I do and I love it. Reading on the e-inkside is really a pleasure for me.
Sjarrel, I read on the eink screen a lot too, i was adressing my question to Edge´s developers. In fact i love e-ink too, I have a Hanlin v3 (small screen) and Irex dr1000 (from netherland as you! ehem but nowadays in Bankrot and no more support).
But i would like to read documents from internet with other formats, not only pdf, and landscape mode and better zoom (that i can move across the page)