Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #16
sammieb77
Edge User

I have the Pocket eDGe and I have screen protectors on both sides of the device (Kindle protectors cut down to size with scrapbooking tools). Having the screen protectors on does not hinder the usage of the device. I would recommend calibrating both the tablet screen and the reader/journal screen once the protectors are in place to make sure that the system responds to the difference in the "touch." Hope this helps.

Last edited by sammieb77; 02-21-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: syntax

Old 04-16-2011, 05:58 AM   #17
lorenzoens
Edge User

QUESTION is:

can you really use a screen protector on the e-ink side, without compromising its functionality? Plus it's surface is very porous, not smooth at all: how is a screen protector suppose to fit it flawlessly?

Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 08:30 AM   #18
Franky
Edge User

I'd bought myself a set of Apple screen-protector.. just to... them off. I had to cut in into the size I needed, but it works perfect with both screens. Looking to them now, after almost 9 months or so, I sure can say I'm glad to have them.

Yes, maybe I use the stylus wrong, but you can see that I use my eDGe a lot.

In my experience it did not lose any of it sensitivity.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:15 AM   #19
Filark
Edge User

XO skins screen protector for PE -- thank you, cBird! ;)

cBird requested, in another thread, that someone scan a PE and send it to XO so they could make a screen protector to fit. So I scanned and sent, and got a reply from the company with a link they (ever so generously! ) allowed me to share. Looks good to me!

http://xoskins.com/laptops-tablet-re...reen-protector

If anyone tries it, please report! I am getting scratches on the screen protector I use now, so would like to know if their claims have merit.

P.S. XO also gave us a "coupon code" for $3 off. It is: byublue

Last edited by Filark; 04-20-2011 at 01:18 AM.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #20
cBird
Edge User

Folks interested in the XO skins may want to take a look at a thread I just discovered on MobileRead:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114694

Bullwing said his Pandigital w/small scratches looked "better than new" after installation. Think I'll order one for my QT7 also suffering from this malady.

Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #21
Filark
Edge User

I ordered an XO protector for my not-yet-here EE. It looks shiny. I am hoping it won't contribute to any glare on the screens. Pretty sure it will keep me from scratching the poor thing up as I use the stylus.

Thinking of ordering a one for my PE, too, if I like it on the EE.

Thanks again, cBird!

Old 04-28-2011, 03:00 AM   #22
sjarrel
Edge User

Soon we don't need screenprotectors anymore. A Swiss institute is developing a screen with a polymere layer wich recovers itself. Under a certain light the layer melts a bit and the scratches dissapear.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #23
janhall_us
Edge User

I fall under the "heavy-handed" category so I was concerned about the tablet screen. I've used Splash Masque screen protectors on both my PE (Samsung Galaxy Tab size) & EE (Motorola Xoom size) and I cut them down to size with a paper cutter. You get three to a pack for ~ $10 so you can do both screens with a spare. They're easy to install and I haven't noticed any interference on either side. Can be found on Amazon or eBay.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #24
Thud13
Edge User

My XO protector arrived last night. I realized though that I had ordered the normal sized one instead of the edge pocket. No problem! I made a template on photoshop, clamped / taped it onto the protector, and used an xacto knife to save the day. I mounted it with no problem and am in LOVE with the screen protector!

Honestly? The stylus feels even more responsive with it on than it did before.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:22 AM   #25
lorenzoens
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thud13 View Post
Honestly? The stylus feels even more responsive with it on than it did before.
Think this is a side effect of your "love" ;-)

I have my two Vikuiti 3M eDGe screen protectors from Germany, pretty pricey, will mount em when I'll have some free time.