Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Dont use the RSS based recipe, use the normal one.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #17
satisficer
satisficer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
aha, sorry for the false alarm!
satisficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2011, 01:34 AM   #18
mrbianchi
mrbianchi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That should be included now. Try it again.
Thank you for your great work with the Economist recipe.

I'm using version 0.8.12, but I'm still missing some articles from the Briefing section.
On the current issue of the Economist there are two sections named Briefing.
The first contains one article, the other contains three articles.

Calibre is only getting the article from first section.
mrbianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:45 AM   #19
baron
baron began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi, first apologies. Looks like I was lucky last week, didn't realize that the formula changed and I was away from my main Calibre machine. Thanks for the updated recipe!

As for the formatting, it looks like the default recipe now has proper formatting (similar to print and web) so there's no need for my custom recipe.

The only thing missing in the default is the removal of "related items".

Code:
dict(attrs={'class':['dblClkTrk', 'ec-article-info', 'share_inline_header', 'related-items']}),
That's easily fixed by adding 'related-items' to the proper place (see the line above).
baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #20
pmiles
pmiles began at the beginning.

Device: none
Please help!

I've been using The Economist recipe for over a month on a headless Debian Calibre server. Last Thursday I got:
Code:
Exception: Could not find any articles. Has your subscription expired
So, I updated the recipe but, unfortunately, got another problem:

Code:
ebook-convert /home/calibre/recipes/economist.recipe economist.mobi --title="The Economist" --output-profile=kindle --username=xxxx --password=xxxx
1% Converting input to HTML...
InputFormatPlugin: Recipe Input running
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ebook-convert", line 19, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/conversion/cli.py", line 254, in main
    plumber.run()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 815, in run
    accelerators, tdir)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/conversion.py", line 211, in __call__
    log, accelerators)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/web/feeds/input.py", line 67, in convert
    recipe = compile_recipe(self.recipe_source)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/web/feeds/recipes/__init__.py", line 47, in compile_recipe
    module = imp.load_module(os.path.splitext(os.path.basename(temp))[0], *module)
  File "/tmp/calibre_0.7.7_U3677u_recipes/recipe0.py", line 13, in <module>
    from collections import OrderedDict
ImportError: cannot import name OrderedDict
I'd appreciate your help.
pmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2011, 12:53 AM   #21
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What version of Python is on that box? From looking at the bug tracker I found https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/761226 which seems to imply needing Python 2.7 or above for OrderedDict .
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #22
pmiles

I have python 2.6.6 and calibre 0.7.7 from Debian repositories. I know, its not up-to-date but all other recipes work flawlessly. So, over the weekend The Economist recipe raised python requirement?
Old 08-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #23
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No idea... but maybe the updated recipe did ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

calibre has needed python 2.7 for months and months.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #25
pmiles

OK, I've installed python2.7 but I've kept python2.6 as default for my system. How do I alter environmental variables for ebook-convert make it use python2.7? I looked through /usr/share/calibre/default_tweaks.py but couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Quote:
calibre has needed python 2.7 for months and months.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #26
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Use the binary calibre install, or change the hashbangs on the scripts that launch the calibre utilities. And you should not update python without updating calibre. There's not guarantee that 0.7.7 is python 2.7 compatible.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #27
pmiles

OK, python2.7 gives:

Code:
calibre@kapiti:~$ /usr/bin/python2.7 /usr/bin/ebook-convert /home/calibre/recipes/economist.recipe economist.mobi --title="The Economist" --output-profile=kindle --username=xxxx --password=xxxx
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ebook-convert", line 18, in <module>
    from calibre.ebooks.conversion.cli import main
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    import mechanize
ImportError: No module named mechanize
I do have python-mechanize 0.1.11-1.1 installed.

I am still using calibre 0.7.7 from repositories with python2.6 for all my other recipes, which work fine. I just need The Economist recipe to work somehow.

Quote:
Use the binary calibre install, or change the hashbangs on the scripts that launch the calibre utilities. And you should not update python without updating calibre. There's not guarantee that 0.7.7 is python 2.7 compatible.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #28
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Use the calibre binary install.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #29
pmiles

So I did the binary install. Now I am getting this:

Code:
calibre@kapiti:~$ /usr/bin/python2.7 /opt/calibre/ebook-convert /home/calibre/recipes/economist.recipe economist.mobi --title="The Economist" --output-profile=kindle --username=xxxx --password=xxxx
  File "/opt/calibre/ebook-convert", line 2
    path=`readlink -e $0`
                      ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Quote:
Use the calibre binary install.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

What are you using for /bin/sh? Change the hashbang at the top of the launcher scripts to /bin/bash