Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 01:32 AM   #16
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by manou View Post
I used Paint to put 'Manou's Kindle, if found please contact XXXXXX' on the sceensaver image.
Well, yes, that's what I've done. But Barty seem to indicate that placing owner info into the Settings' screen might work as a substitute but I'm trying to figure out where that might show up.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:00 AM   #17
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I believe they would have to go into the settings to find it. It wouldn't "show up" anywhere, IIRC.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #18
jim_d1griz
jim_d1griz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I have these images on my K3.

Rogues

Torguemada

And Judge Death which comes out very well.

I'd recommend visiting Scotch Corner and see some of the artwork produced by these artists.
jim_d1griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #19
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
I believe they would have to go into the settings to find it. It wouldn't "show up" anywhere, IIRC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Well, yes, that's what I've done. But Barty seem to indicate that placing owner info into the Settings' screen might work as a substitute but I'm trying to figure out where that might show up.
After you edit the name of your Kindle via the settings screen "Device Name" setting, the new name with phone number and/or email address will show on the home screen on the top bar where it perhaps used to say "Quake's Kindle" or "FF2's Kindle" and where the WiFi signal strength and battery icons are displayed.

Holly

Last edited by OakIris; 10-26-2010 at 12:03 PM.
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #20
wongdong
Connoisseur
wongdong has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 360, Pocketbook 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
I use the cover for whatever book I am reading. As I only read one book at a time, works great for me.
Me too. And its not a lot of work to change it once in a while. Unlike some ppl here, i tend to read a book in over a week 10 hours is utopical for me.

I really like it.
wongdong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #21
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
After you edit the name of your Kindle via the settings screen "Device Name" setting, the new name with phone number and/or email address will show on the home screen on the top bar where it perhaps used to say "Quake's Kindle" or "FF2's Kindle" and where the WiFi signal strength and battery icons are displayed.

Holly
Ah, so on a password protected kindle, that info is not available until after the password is entered. I guess I will stick with my photos with owner-text in a corner.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #22
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
I use the cover for whatever book I am reading. As I only read one book at a time, works great for me.
If my K3 could do this automatically, I would be ECSTATIC! Even with the occasional jump back and forth into other books, the average bestseller only lasts me about 2 hours.
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #23
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmwrite;
If my K3 could do this automatically, I would be ECSTATIC! Even with the occasional jump back and forth into other books, the average bestseller only lasts me about 2 hours.
I don't know why this isn't already a feature.

Otoh, maybe you don't always want people to know what you're reading. Better if that coed thinks you're reading Proust and not the latest Patterson
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote