Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 10:42 AM   #16
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigino View Post
About the 902's model is there somewhere a video where it shows operativity while reading a PDF?...

Thanks
Ciao, Luigi
We will provide one asap (It's quite a glorious experience!!)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #17
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
15:50 of this video by Charbax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywRQV...eature=related
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #18
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

also this video featuring Anatoli and Yaroslav http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7GwJ...eature=related showing reflow on the 6 inch at 4:34
Old 10-04-2010, 02:52 PM   #19
Art
Art began at the beginning.

Device: none, looking at pocketbook 902 and adam
Which e-ink version is in the 902 ( pearl or ??)
is the 903 different in that aspect.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #20
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Which e-ink version is in the 902 ( pearl or ??)
is the 903 different in that aspect.
no pearl but the newest enhanced version of e-ink
903 is the same.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #21
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Device: DXG, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
no pearl but the newest enhanced version of e-ink
903 is the same.
What do you mean by saying "enhanced"? Is the background whiter and the font darker. I used to have e-readers with regular Viziplex screens and screen never impressed me but when I got a device with a pearl screen it was much better for my poor eyes.
Thank you.
pashlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #22
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
I didn't notice THAT MUCH difference between "pearl" and viziplex... Imho, it's like Coca and Pepsi-Cola... Everybody says they can tell the difference, but when it comes to blind tests, 1 out of 10 can differ one from another... Here's the same thing - if you put a latest Viziplex screen into the Kindle casing and "pearl" thing into PocketBook's, I'm pretty sure that folks would start to say: "Hey, this Kindle's "Pearl" screen is much brighter, etc!"....
But it's just me)
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #23
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
What if you compare Pearl vs. "enhanced Vizplex" in a video? Then we'd be able to form our own conclusions instead of taking what could be PB's koolaid.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #24
Dawgmatix
Dawgmatix began at the beginning.

Device: none
Questions about pocketbook 902/903

a) Are pdf links supported on the 902/903?
b) if they are supported can the links be clicked via buttons on the 902 ?
c) Is table of contents supported ?
d) Is jump to page supported?
e) Are djvu files supported?
Dawgmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #25
Dulin's Books
Wizard

The answer is yes to all of the above
Old 10-06-2010, 12:06 AM   #26
Dawgmatix
Dawgmatix began at the beginning.

Device: none
When do the US orders begin!!

I cant wait for the 902. I dont think I need to take notes at all, and dont need 3g either, so will order a 902 as soon as its out.
Dawgmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:42 AM   #27
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
Are PDF comments supported? (I mean the pop-up boxes.)

Thanks
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:16 AM   #28
chudo
chudo began at the beginning.

Device: prospective: PocketBook 902
Hope

hope that the pre-order price will be interesting and really hope you'll ship to Belgium! I am being in search of a good e-book for 2 months now and since I discovered the announcements about PB902 last month, I am just waiting for it. That would be the best for me.

could you please announce the launch of pre-ordering and links to the sites so we can rush and be the first Cannot wait anymore..

Thanks!
chudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #29
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Device: DXG, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
I didn't notice THAT MUCH difference between "pearl" and viziplex... Imho, it's like Coca and Pepsi-Cola... Everybody says they can tell the difference, but when it comes to blind tests, 1 out of 10 can differ one from another... Here's the same thing - if you put a latest Viziplex screen into the Kindle casing and "pearl" thing into PocketBook's, I'm pretty sure that folks would start to say: "Hey, this Kindle's "Pearl" screen is much brighter, etc!"....
But it's just me)
Well PB903 is my next bet. I will gladly trade in my DXG. I love the features of 903. If the screen is on par with Pearl count me in!
pashlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #30
polossatik
TheBigFish
polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: boox note air / pocketbook 840
Is there any progress on the RSS (and webbrowser) side for the 902 compared to the 302?
I like the 1200x825 9" idea and the price seams more or less ok.

I had a 302 around 6 months ago and returned it because
* the advertised RSS functionality was basically a laugh (despite reassurances here that it worked quite well), there was an application that suppose to be a sort of RSS reader, but that's it. it was totally useless.
* the screen had the "get crazy/blank in sunlight" issue
so I simply returned the 302 and asked a refund.
It was refunded swiftly, but it still costed me 20 ish Euro in return fees.
polossatik is offline   Reply With Quote