Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 01:38 PM   #16
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Thanks for the heads up — just bought for $7.23!

However, it seems that it's not yet available for download. This isn't a geographic restrictions thing (although it does seem to be restricted to US & Canada), but that the publisher hasn't released the file yet (or has withdrawn the file).

Hopefully it'll become available later today. I have successfully downloaded a couple of other books bought at the same time, both also in ePub format.
You got a better deal (I paid 8.50), but I downloaded mine on Monday!

I doubt I can get them to refund the difference, but I don't care at this point.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #17
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Has anyone (including in the US) got the (ePub) book to download? It does seem to be a problem with the distributor rather than Fictionwise.
Yes. Checked all five book starts and the free short story (in fact, that's how I found it) from inside Adobe EPUB.
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #18
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Arg !
On FictionWise, the book is geo-restricted :
GEOGRAPHIC RESTRICTIONS: Available to customers in: US, PR, VI, UM
Anybody know how to decrypt this ?

EDIT :
Link in case you're interested and able to buy it :
http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/b1...as-Adams/?si=0
Thanks for the link. Is there any reason the title is "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Entering the Tibetan Buddhist Path ". The book is correct, yes?
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #19
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawn_aj View Post
Thanks for the link. Is there any reason the title is "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Entering the Tibetan Buddhist Path ". The book is correct, yes?

I have no idea where Fictionwise came up with the subtitle (I don't see it in any of the other stores or the word Tibetan anywhere in the book).

So far, yes, it looks correct. I clicked onto the start of each book from the TOC, read a page or so of the short story (after book 4) and read the first of the author intro. There could be something wrong, somewhere (it's over 800 "pages" in ADE), but everything I looked at was fine. The foreword is by Neil Gaiman and dated 2002, FYI.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #20
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post

I have no idea where Fictionwise came up with the subtitle (I don't see it in any of the other stores or the word Tibetan anywhere in the book).

So far, yes, it looks correct. I clicked onto the start of each book from the TOC, read a page or so of the short story (after book 4) and read the first of the author intro. There could be something wrong, somewhere (it's over 800 "pages" in ADE), but everything I looked at was fine. The foreword is by Neil Gaiman and dated 2002, FYI.
says

(but yeah, I was like - ruhr? when I saw that subtitle)
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #21
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict
ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, K3, Fire, Nexus 7
I'm not that familiar with how Amazon does ebook pricing. Will this price on Amazon likely be around for a while?
ManosHandsOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #22
koland
Grand Sorcerer

It might, it might not. Since it isn't agency priced, it should stay low for a while, but if sales drop, the price can creep up (only NYT bestsellers and "most new releases" are on their 9.99 pricing goal list).

I've learned to grab when I see something I want at a price I am both willing to pay and can afford.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:42 AM   #23
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I'd love to know if this is in topaz or mobi format... If it's the latter, I think I might buy it as well.
The file downloaded to Kindle4PC is .azw and the one on my Android cellphone is .prc
Since I won't lay my hands on the Kindle 3 for another 12 days, I don't know which filetype that will be.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:15 AM   #24
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Has anyone (including in the US) got the (ePub) book to download? It does seem to be a problem with the distributor rather than Fictionwise.
I've just tried again, and it's downloaded this time.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:14 AM   #25
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Geographical restrictions
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #26
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeridr View Post
The file downloaded to Kindle4PC is .azw and the one on my Android cellphone is .prc
Since I won't lay my hands on the Kindle 3 for another 12 days, I don't know which filetype that will be.
Interesting ... is Amazon using a straight mobi format on Android? If so, I need to find my phone's PID.....
Old 09-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #27
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for the tip. I bought the book with FWs 50% code.

For those who bought the book on FictionWise and couldn't download, it's available for download today.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #28
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
This link:

http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/b1...as-Adams/?si=0

does not allow for an ePub option above "add to cart", although under "ebook stats" it does mention secure adobe epub. This is in the US. Am I missing something?
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:07 PM   #29
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Looks like they removed the epub (maybe because it costs them more or all the problems people were having getting it to download?). Those of us that got it should be fine (although a redownload might be difficult later on; if so, FW will usually switch you to ereader format).
Old 09-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #30
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Still can't download the ePub version from Fictionwise.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote