Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-10-2008, 08:39 PM   #16
kissyfish
Connoisseur
kissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rai View Post
I'm glad to report that Targus Universal USB Portable/Foldable Keyboard works fine with iLiad
http://www.targus.com/us/product_det...?sku=PA875U01X

I bought mine from eBay, one can find quite an affordable price there.
I cannot get this keyboard to work with the iliad.

Any tricks I need to know? I have downloaded the software to CF card. ran the app, but to no avail...

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim
kissyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:31 PM   #17
rai
Enthusiast
rai began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onxy Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissyfish View Post
I cannot get this keyboard to work with the iliad.

Any tricks I need to know? I have downloaded the software to CF card. ran the app, but to no avail...

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim
Ok, this is what I did. I installed the software, turned off the iLiad, plugged in the keyboard, turned the iLiad on. Then I went to Abiword, tried writing something (you are not supposed to pull out iLiad keyboard at this stage), at first nothing happened so I went out of Abiword, clicked on the icon saying "US keyboard driver" (or something of that sort), went back to Abiword, and then the keyboard was immediately working.
After that, I didn't have any more problems with iLiad recognizing this keyboard. I always turn the iLiad on with keyboard already plugged in (I don't know if this matters, but I just do it this way).
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #18
kissyfish
Connoisseur
kissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rai View Post
Ok, this is what I did. I installed the software, turned off the iLiad, plugged in the keyboard, turned the iLiad on. Then I went to Abiword, tried writing something (you are not supposed to pull out iLiad keyboard at this stage), at first nothing happened so I went out of Abiword, clicked on the icon saying "US keyboard driver" (or something of that sort), went back to Abiword, and then the keyboard was immediately working.
After that, I didn't have any more problems with iLiad recognizing this keyboard. I always turn the iLiad on with keyboard already plugged in (I don't know if this matters, but I just do it this way).
Thanks much for your reply.

I have been booting it up while the unit is plugged in, and then running the USB KB app. But still no avail.

Perhaps I have a faulty KB, do I have to do anything to activate the USB on the iliad?

I will keep poking around.

Thanks again,

Jim
kissyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #19
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissyfish View Post
Perhaps I have a faulty KB,
Have you tried the keyboard with your PC? That should at least eliminate that possibility (assuming you have a USB port, of course!)
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote