Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #16
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
awww! could Daddy be a Newfie? my little baby is 185!

can you post a picture?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #17
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
KK, I have a doggie that looks just like that only shorter fur. She loves me the most of anybody in the world and makes me feel very special. I love her back with all my heart.
... my little Valentine's gift born to a mother that wouldn't care for her. I bottle fed her around the clock and she now weighs 170lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
awww! could Daddy be a Newfie? my little baby is 185!....
You two mamas must have big hearts to love those little ones
KK; your dog looks very sweet.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #18
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
Quote:
*giggle* here's the puppy park yesterday (and yes, that's my dog, but not me)
Oh, who's a big fluffy cutie, then! *ahem* Sorry, I have CCDS (Canine Cuddle Deficiency Syndrome).
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #19
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
awww! could Daddy be a Newfie? my little baby is 185!

can you post a picture?
Sure, I will put up some pics later tonight. Her Daddy looked just like your girl. I thought I saw a bear in our yard a few different nights and turns out it was a big, black, fluffy dog.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #20
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
You two mamas must have big hearts to love those little ones
KK; your dog looks very sweet.
they are very easy dogs to love! ;o) theses are after all, the Nana Dog in Peter Pan! some of their nicknames are; babysitter dog, gentle giant, and many others

Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha_fawn View Post
Oh, who's a big fluffy cutie, then! *ahem* Sorry, I have CCDS (Canine Cuddle Deficiency Syndrome).
haha! she gets that a lot! in those pictures, the woman that was cuddling her had her own FIVE dogs at the park and finally said; "I just can't stand it! I have to cuddle her!" and got down on the ground and started loving on her! that is her rather jealous looking Rottie in the background

Quote:
Sure, I will put up some pics later tonight. Her Daddy looked just like your girl. I thought I saw a bear in our yard a few different nights and turns out it was a big, black, fluffy dog.
my Newfies have often been accused of being bears! they have all worn bells!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2011, 04:04 AM   #21
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #22
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Quote:
my Newfies have often been accused of being bears! they have all worn bells!
When I as a kid and new neighbors moved into the house next to us we found out about a month later that they thought we had bears in a our yard for a week or so until they realized they were dogs.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #23
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Waking up on late weekend morning (09.00), making a cup of wonderful black tea, grabbing a couple of palmiers, back to bed with the cup of tea, palmiers and ebook reader for 2-3 hours.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #24
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Waking up on late weekend morning (09.00), making a cup of wonderful black tea, grabbing a couple of palmiers, back to bed with the cup of tea, palmiers and ebook reader for 2-3 hours.
I had to google "palmier." Oh, my. That sounds delicious.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #25
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I had to google "palmier." Oh, my. That sounds delicious.
Oh, yes! It does
That's why I have it only on weekends, otherwise I would roll instead of walk
(I think it is a French word)

ETA.
Palmier
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	palmier2.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	66725  
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #26
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Kuantan on the East coast of Malaysia, like swimming in a warm bath. Where the picture was taken is a path that leads into the rain forest, I lost a perfectly good bush hat to a monkey in the trees there. My favorite place to go and unwind. About as close to paradise as I have ever been

I think coinín deserves more Karma than I can give, this is a great thread and made me smile.

Cheers coinín, I raise mu tea to you.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kuantan.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	66726  

Last edited by Mortis; 02-15-2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Blah blah blah
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:54 PM   #27
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Kuantan on the East coast of Malaysia, like swimming in a warm bath. Where the picture was taken is a path that leads into the rain forest, I lost a perfectly good bush hat to a monkey in the trees there. My favorite place to go and unwind.
Somewhere there's a monkey running around that doesn't have to squint in the sun
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #28
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Could have been worse, I have seen monkeys steal cameras and purses.

The monkey in this picture used to live across the road from my place, he's since disappeared. He liked to steal the dog food, he never ate it, he liked to throw it at people, thats why he was named "Evil Monkey".
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Evil Monkey.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	769.0 KB
ID:	66728  
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #29
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Shuffling through fallen leaves in autumn...

Having a rousing snowball fight in winter...

The scent of the first daffodils of spring...

...and the thrill of a rollercoaster in the summer!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:50 AM   #30
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
The smell of rain on parched earth after a drought.

Also the smell of fresh laundry.

The first cup of coffee for the day which my hubby brings me.

The treats we have after taking the dog for a walk.

Just being alive and appreciating what I have.

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote