Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #16
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
GroqitMan - My ebooks don't have bar codes either. At this point all I can do is manually enter in titles either by typing or c&p. I think I'll stick with my spreadsheet, at least 80% of the data was created for me by Fictionwise from my account info. The other 20% is manually entered.

I still want a program that will read the metadata from my ebooks.

I can see using Groqit for my physical collections but they are much smaller than my electronic collections.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:26 PM   #17
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroqitMan View Post
Librarything also supports uploading text files of books. Unfortunately, they only support ISBN's, not barcodes in general.
So, you are saying that I could easily import my Groqit inventory into Library Thing? That sounds cool.

However, my wife balked when I said I was looking at this when she saw that it was $100. A $15 cuecat or if I can find a PS2 to USB adapter is alot cheaper. Of course you can't bring the device with you shopping and it doesn't support Movies like Groqit. Man...I'm torn.

Does Groqit have a way to distinguish between items "owned" and items read/watched?

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 03-19-2008 at 01:33 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #18
GroqitMan
GroqitMan began at the beginning.

Device: groqit
The problem with trying to import into librarything is many of the barcodes on books are not the ISBN. Only if the barcode is a 13-digit European Article Number will be ISBN be the same. Paperback UPCs are really weird. Readerware & Groqit both do conversions. Librarything can't. So, you would have to use Groqit's services to convert any paperback UPC. We do it automaitcally & build an ISBN file on the Groqit during the upload/download process.

Adding a memo is the easiest way to tag an item.

Your wife might want to look at some of the free services. Other people can build inventories on our site and share the lists, which she could then load to her Groqit. Items are not restricted to books, movies, etc. We support a generic type that can be just about anything. People can even add clothing sizes and preferences. Shared lists can be very useful for gift shopping.
GroqitMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:16 PM   #19
GroqitMan
GroqitMan began at the beginning.

Device: groqit
Librarything requires ISBNs. Many of the barcodes on books are not ISBNs. Our site converts them during the upload/download process and builds an ISBN file on your Groqit. That file could be loaded into librarything.

Memo fields can be used for anything.

Your wife might be interested in our Registry. This lets people share lists of items with specific people. Since many of the features are free, people can build and share lists, which can then be downloaded to her Groqit. Very handy for gift shopping. And the lists are not restricted to books and such. Just about anything can be loaded into a generic item, even clothing sizes.
GroqitMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:27 PM   #20
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
oops.

Last edited by moz; 03-19-2008 at 11:30 PM.
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2008, 09:01 PM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Have you tried a PS2 to USB adapter for your Cuecat?
So, I finally decided to go out and get a ps2 to USB adapter. The thing was $27... and the scanner doesn't even seem to work with it. I could have just bought a USB CueCat for $15 from LibraryThing. At this rate... I'll just enter them by hand as I pack them into the to-donate box.

Someday I will have my whole "read" library in LibraryThing.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote