Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #16
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I've finished 1 of 40. A Betrayal in Winter by Daniel Abraham, read on my Kindle. Now starting #2, The Widow of the South by Robert Hicks, a hardback book which I have promised to send to a friend and fellow book-swapper who lives in Massachusetts. There is a Kindle edition available and I may choose to mail the hardback and finish reading it on the Kindle.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #17
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Realistically 25. Good thread!
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #18
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Okay, finished 3/50 last night: Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin. It was excellent, but the sequels got meh reviews and are over-priced, so I am moving on Also, there is a map which was a bit necessary for making full sense of the story (it's set in 12th century Cambridge) and it was a) too small on my ipod screen and b) did not transfer to my Sony once I had liberated the book from its DRM. So I had to go to a real bookstore today to look it up in the print copy Other than that though, an excellent book. I am 1/4 done 4/50, which is 'Dark Places' by Gillian Flynn. It's a little gloomy, but very good so far and it has a great premise. I am excited!

Last edited by ficbot; 06-21-2009 at 02:17 PM.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #19
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

5/50 Stand by for Mars, the first in the Tom Corbett, Space Cadet series. Last half was a little slow, but overall, a fun read. Future updates will go in the 'What are we reading' thread...
Old 06-22-2009, 11:50 PM   #20
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
I'd love to join the challenge, but I'm tapped out on Fictionwise subscriptions for the next year. I can get in a read from time to time but not enough for a challenge.
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 01:16 AM   #21
Witchbaby
Connoisseur
Witchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle2
I'd like to play

I'm finishing up Strangers by Dean Koontz tonight, so I'll start with whatever I choose to read next. I think I can do 50 in the next two months.

One question, does a reread count?
Witchbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:29 AM   #22
ficbot
Wizard

I would say a re-read counts. I'm wondering about the rule for books you started before the summer began and have not finished yet. I often have more than one on the go It's 'my' challenge so I guess it's up to me, but it seems unfair to count already-began books
Old 06-23-2009, 02:19 AM   #23
Witchbaby
Connoisseur
Witchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle2
Same here (about multi-books in progress).

I typically reread a couple of books a week because I would put us in the poor house if I didn't.
Witchbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:14 AM   #24
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchbaby View Post
I typically reread a couple of books a week because I would put us in the poor house if I didn't.
I wouldn't be able to keep enough books in the house (even with ebooks) if I didn't reread them!

Glad to hear they count, although I've now read 8 books since this started and I've started reading both 9 and 10. I didn't used to have multiple books in progress but my reader is changing that. If I'm reading a pbook I always have an ebook in progress as well!
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #25
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Finished 1/25, Right As Rain by George Pelacanos. Do not recommend it.
Rereading The Third Option by Vince Flynn. Very good!
Old 06-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #26
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
I've made it to 10 books. I've managed to borrow lots of books I've been waiting for from the library and my sister so I'll be reading 2 at a time for a while - 1 paper book and 1 ebook.

Currently my ebook is The Woman in White, which should keep me going for a while, and the paper one is The Visible World by Mark Slouka.

My next contract starts on Monday so I think my reading will be slowing down a bit from then on
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #27
benham
Guru

FInished 2/25, The Third Option by Vince Flynn
Starting The Blue Nowhere by Deaver.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #28
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
5/50 Stand by for Mars, the first in the Tom Corbett, Space Cadet series. Last half was a little slow, but overall, a fun read. Future updates will go in the 'What are we reading' thread...
I read the first three of this series last summer while riding across the USA.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #29
Elsi
Wizard

In the wee hours of the morning, I finished reading The Widow of the South by Robert Hicks. That makes me 2/40 for this challenge. I'm starting on #3, Talk Nerdy to Me by Vicki Lewis Thompson. This is a paperback book, which I have promised to a fellow book swapper who lives in The Netherlands.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:40 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm not sure I have time for a challenge, but I can pipe in with what I have recently read.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote