Notices

Old 12-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #16
Diogene
Banned
Diogene doesn't litterDiogene doesn't litter

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
So why are you in a community? You just postulate. We do communicate "with our chotic (sic!), incoherent, unintelligent brains", it might just be too subtle for you to notice. Maybe our "meaningless" code might just be a bit too complicated for you.
Nietzsche, who you dare quote in your signature, unlike you, was not looking for the sheepish warmth of mediocrity.
Why don't you pick a quote from someone who would really represent how you live and how much mediocrity you are willing to accept not to feel completely lonely?
Diogene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:11 PM   #17
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene View Post
Nietzsche, who you dare quote in your signature, unlike you, was not looking for the sheepish warmth of mediocrity.
Why don't you pick a quote from someone who would really represent how you live and how much mediocrity you are willing to accept not to feel completely lonely?
Being aggressive is not the same thing as being right.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #18
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
[QUOTE=Diogene;304813]Nietzsche, who you dare quote in your signature, unlike you, was not looking for the sheepish warmth of mediocrity.
QUOTE]

Really? He told you this himself? That is sooo cool!

I confess happily to not care about philosophers, but I was under the impression that Neechy was open to interpretation. Thanks for setting my poor humble thinkin' box right on the subject.

(Nothing new in the mail today. I'll have to settle for a Lazy Carter Deluxe to clear my idiot-level thinking.)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #19
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
[QUOTE=DixieGal;304839]
Quote:

(Nothing new in the mail today. I'll have to settle for a Lazy Carter Deluxe to clear my idiot-level thinking.)
Yep. Exploding heads are good for your brain.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #20
Diogene
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Being aggressive is not the same thing as being right.
Dealing on equal terms with and enjoying a mediocre company is the same as being mediocre.
Nietzsche or mediocrity: you have to assume your choice and stop pretending.
Advert
Old 12-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #21
Diogene
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Quote:
Really? He told you this himself? That is sooo cool!

I confess happily to not care about philosophers, but I was under the impression that Neechy was open to interpretation. Thanks for setting my poor humble thinkin' box right on the subject.

Basically you are informing us that you absolutely want to express your opinion, e.g. your ignorance.
Of course you ignore the real meaning of the word "opinion" as taught by philosophers.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #22
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Dealing on equal terms with and enjoying a mediocre company is the same as being mediocre.
Nietzsche or mediocrity: you have to assume your choice and stop pretending.

Good for you! It takes strength of character to keep plugging along all alone like you are, what with being so wrong about everything. Never say quit, that's your motto!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:47 PM   #23
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
in my experience, people who agressively flaunt something into other peoples faces, usually try to distract from their issue and see it as a way to deal with their -imagined? - problem.
Those who are secure in themselves, seldomly see the need for insisting on their superiority and agressive behaviour...
Hope you learn how to cope with your issues in the future.

Good luck,

kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:03 PM   #24
Diogene
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
in my experience, people who agressively flaunt something into other peoples faces, usually try to distract from their issue and see it as a way to deal with their -imagined? - problem.
Those who are secure in themselves, seldomly see the need for insisting on their superiority and agressive behaviour...
Hope you learn how to cope with your issues in the future.

Good luck,

kaas
You have no experience of living with a brain far more intelligent than yours. It is therefore totally impossible for you to analyze me in case my brain is of higher quality than yours.
Of course if you are brighter than me you may be right.
How can you know?
Old 12-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #25
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Living with one? no.
working with some? definetely.
I am not ashamed to admit that there are colleagues who are smarter than me. I value their input and try to learn as much as possible. those who are not as smart as me - if they are willing- I teach.
That is why I am one of the best in my company at what I do (and I do have some 11.000 colleagues in the same job category as I).
My question is how you know who is smarter than you without knowing the people?
Think about it...

regards,
kaas
Old 12-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #26
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm sorry, kaas, but Diogene will not be answering any more questions, not here at any rate.

The other moderators and I felt that he had sufficiently demonstrated that his sole interest was in Trolling. As you all know, that's not something we tolerate around here, so he is no longer among us.

We would like to thank the MobileRead Community at large for displaying remarkable restraint in dealing with him.

We are very reluctant to ban anyone, so we try to allow many opportunities to stop such behavior, but on occasion, certain individuals simply insist on compelling us to demonstrate that we will resort to that option.

It's not something we like to do, but the Community here at MobileRead is just too valuable to not protect it.

Thank you all again for your patience and understanding.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #27
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:28 PM   #28
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

ah well,
I am sorry that that became neccessary...
regards,
kaas
Old 12-10-2008, 05:39 PM   #29
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
ah well,
I am sorry that that became neccessary...
regards,
kaas
Well, that makes you a way better person than I. I'm positively tickled pink to see that dweeb banned. I'm just shocked it took 71 posts ... and positively amazed that anyone ever saw fit to give the guy karma. Although ... maybe he wasn't such an A-Hole on the French forum??

As another famous American philosopher (Dr. B. Bunny) once said .... "What a maroon!"

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 12-10-2008 at 05:44 PM.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #30
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
As another famous American philosopher (Dr. B. Bunny) once said .... "What a maroon!"
sure he didn't say: "What a racoon!"? Those can become quite nasty, i believe.

kaas