Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-31-2008, 01:26 PM   #16
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
...and the books must come from Baen...
This thread is starting to cause me pain!
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:54 PM   #17
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
This thread is starting to cause me pain!
...in the rain! In Spain!

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #18
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
I don't get the joke. Can someone please....Explain
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:28 PM   #19
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
I don't get the joke. Can someone please....Explain
Didn't you mean explane ???
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:56 PM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
Didn't you mean explane ???
explane ? usually, when i arrive on the rainy plain in Spain, i DEplane.

(pre-emptive groan...)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2008, 06:57 PM   #21
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
The Rain in Spain Falls Mainly on Claire Danes

Photo: Getty Images

My So-Called Lady: We're stealing Playbill's headline here because it's too good to pass up. Claire Danes will make her Broadway debut as Eliza Doolittle in Pygmalion

Hey, tomorrow's April Fools!!!
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have a shoulder bag I carry with me so when I am on a plane, I can put my reader in my bag and it's not a problem as it fits right under the seat in front of me. Also, I do carry a single normal sized paperback book so when I have to have the 505 "off" I can still read if I so desire. But having my own bag to put the 505 in means I don't have to deal with the pocket on the seat in front of me.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:06 AM   #23
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have a shoulder bag I carry with me so when I am on a plane, I can put my reader in my bag and it's not a problem as it fits right under the seat in front of me. Also, I do carry a single normal sized paperback book so when I have to have the 505 "off" I can still read if I so desire. But having my own bag to put the 505 in means I don't have to deal with the pocket on the seat in front of me.
That is not an option for us that always want to have an emergency exit seat to get some leg room.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:13 AM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Why is is not an option? Can't you get a bag that fits under the seat if you sit at an Emergency Exit?
Old 04-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #25
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why is is not an option? Can't you get a bag that fits under the seat if you sit at an Emergency Exit?
If you have used an emergency seat exit anytime you would know that you are not allowed to have bags on the floor sitting in these seats. You also have to be strong enough that you can help people jumping out of the plane.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #26
SUSGOD
Connoisseur
SUSGOD began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre-eBook reader PRO
Flying with the Cybook

When my children were toddlers, I discovered a wonderful stlye of pocketbook with a side compartment just the perfect size to hold a diaper & a plastic bag with wipes. When the diapers were no longer needed, the space was quickly filled with a book that fit perfectly in the compartment. That space now holds my CyBook - a perfect fit!

I carried my brand new Cybook in its own pocket in my pocketbook on to a plane (that flys) and stored it under my seat when I ate the "snack" provided. The only problem I experienced occurred because I sat in the middle seat with a fixed light that beamed directly on to the screen causing a stong glare. I had to hold the Cybook at an angle in order to see the screen. I resolved that by placing my all purpose pocketbook on the pull-down tray and using it as a brace for the Cybook to lean against. I truly enjoyed four hours of nearly uninterrupted reading while flying.

Note: The attendants at the airport security checkpoints both ways wanted to send the Cybook through the X-ray machine. When I insisted on hand inspections, they actually weighed it on their little scales!
SUSGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:01 AM   #27
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Um...is there an issue with sending it through the Xray machine?
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:37 AM   #28
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Mine travelled through the x-ray machine several times, and so far it seems very much alive.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:40 AM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
Um...is there an issue with sending it through the Xray machine?
No, none whatsoever. Flash memory such as that used by the Gen3 is completely immune to the type of X-rays used by airport scanners.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:48 AM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

My 505 has been through the airport scanners now two trips worth without any issues at all.