Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #16
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Yes, but we were talking irony, which doesn't need a car, either.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
true, true !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #18
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
exactly ! who needs em when you've got feet, bicycles, and a good public transport system ?

of course, i do occasionally wish i had one, for things like going to ikea...
Isn't that what friends are for?

Also, I'm confused about irony.

I've always understood it to be:
"the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning".

But I'm frequently wrong.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Isn't that what friends are for?
good point. note to self : try to find yourself some friends with driver's licences / cars.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:08 AM   #20
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
good point. note to self : try to find yourself some friends with driver's licences / cars.
I've got both. Including a short bed pickup. What do you need hauled?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #21
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I've got both. Including a short bed pickup. What do you need hauled?
addendum to note above : *preferably on the same continent as you.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #22
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Hey, I don't have a driver's license either. Cars are for dinosaurs.
Denver, the last dinosaur !!
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #23
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Me dinosaur. Me proud to be dinosaur. Vrooom, vrooom......
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #24
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
exactly ! who needs em when you've got feet, bicycles, and a good public transport system ?

Why us country dwellers out in the middle of nowhere!
I do as much of my shopping online. Technology is a wonderful thing (when it works!!!), and the UPS, FedEx and mail/catalog carriers who haul all the stuff I buy!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #25
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
the company is DeCarta, they made the technology used in Google maps, and it's a similar application to that. there is a map in the page (like google maps) and a search function and you can search for a business / service or a location.!
Sounds excellent. We have a Garmin GPS which we use while biking, which we then interface with Google Earth Plus vis USB port so that we can show our route(s) on Google Earth. We can save our routes and send them to friends.

We also have another make of GPS in the car, which is needed in this bridge entrapped, mayhem traffic bottlenecked city.

An over-the-airways way of keep up-to-date with the latest routes (i.e. avoiding constrution, seeing new roads, even avoiding accidents) would be fantastic (buying upgrades to existing maps can get expensive since as soon as they are made they are out-of-date). The devices get input from about 12 satellites to triangulate (multiangulate/pinpoint) your exact locaction but it'd be interresting to know how the new info (routes/pointes of interest/businessess etc.) would get downloaded.

Thanks for the heads-up, looking forward to the news release and am very proud of you for having any part in it.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #26
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Hey, I don't have a driver's license either. Cars are for dinosaurs.
If only that were so true on this side of the Atlantic... I'm in Atlanta, GA, a city which makes doing without a car very, very difficult. I got around okay for a while on a 50cc scooter, but a couple weeks ago had a bad enough accident that I've realized my "under 30" invincibility must have worn off early. So car shopping for me .
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #27
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:

Maybe people who live in rural areas with no public transport system (good , bad, or mediocre) and live far away from shops, grocery stores, etc.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:59 PM   #28
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Thanks for the heads-up, looking forward to the news release and am very proud of you for having any part in it.
thank you, but once again, i really had very little to do with this project and i can't take credit for anything important. just a bit of code !
Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
If only that were so true on this side of the Atlantic... I'm in Atlanta, GA, a city which makes doing without a car very, very difficult. I got around okay for a while on a 50cc scooter, but a couple weeks ago had a bad enough accident that I've realized my "under 30" invincibility must have worn off early. So car shopping for me .
ouch !! i'm sorry to hear that, i hope you are okay ! be careful !!!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:31 AM   #29
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Irony

Quote:
Also, I'm confused about irony.

I've always understood it to be:
"the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning".

But I'm frequently wrong.
Does this help?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #30
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Does this help?

Cheers,
Marc
I'd say funny as hell and epic fail yes (I lol'd) but irony no.

Last edited by acidzebra; 01-10-2009 at 08:35 AM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ces