Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #16
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by exvaxman
I am more than a little paranoid over carrying the reader anywhere due to the weak cover. Anyway - I was in a local sporting goods store and picked up a $5 plastic padded pistol case that the reader fits in. I'm going to do a little research to find a "fancier" metal case for it, but for $5 I can't argue.

Only issue was walking into work with the security officer looking at me and pointedly asking how I was getting along with my boss
If I walked into work with that case my partner's first question would be, "When did you start carring?" Even the head of marketing is fully qualified although I am yet to figure out where she carries it.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:31 AM   #17
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Wallmart sell a soft case designed for MP3 accessories but does protect the reader for around 9. Has a small loop handle on the top.

Works well in my carry on luggage and just waking. Have some metal and plastic plates to insert when I can get a chance. But its handy just as it is.

Hope the Fry guy was right on hard cases..
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2006, 06:00 AM   #18
scottcstoness
Enthusiast
scottcstoness began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing
Wallmart sell a soft case designed for MP3 accessories but does protect the reader for around 9. Has a small loop handle on the top.

Works well in my carry on luggage and just waking. Have some metal and plastic plates to insert when I can get a chance. But its handy just as it is.

Hope the Fry guy was right on hard cases..
I also picked this guy up; makes a nice slim protective cover.

Also check out the "Game Boy Advance SP" case that Wal-mart sells; it seems a bit sturdier, and it is about an inch and a half thick at the spine so you can carry around headphones as well, still in about the space of a trade paperback (a thick one).
scottcstoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:39 PM   #19
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
For sturdiness in this case you can buy 1/8" and thinner birch plywood sold in craft supply houses. Cut it to size round the corners and line it with self adhesive felt. All of which can be done with an Xacto knife.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #20
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

You guys must be lucky. I was passing Wal Mart today and decided to stop there to check the case out. I popped my Reader into it, and couldn't get the case to zip shut without (almost) shredding the Reader cover with the zip. I gave up on the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcstoness
I also picked this guy up; makes a nice slim protective cover.

Also check out the "Game Boy Advance SP" case that Wal-mart sells; it seems a bit sturdier, and it is about an inch and a half thick at the spine so you can carry around headphones as well, still in about the space of a trade paperback (a thick one).
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #21
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG
You guys must be lucky. I was passing Wal Mart today and decided to stop there to check the case out. I popped my Reader into it, and couldn't get the case to zip shut without (almost) shredding the Reader cover with the zip. I gave up on the idea.
Did you have one of the extra cover or the one that comes with the reader?
Old 12-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #22
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

The one that came with the Reader.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:58 PM   #23
Nightwing
Addict

Ok...

Sorry it did not work for you. Wonder if they changed it?

One thing I found out was stuff the reader into it.the front of the reader is about flush with the zipper on my unit.

I am hopping the rumor of a hard case comes true.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:14 AM   #24
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
I went to my Walmart yesterday looking for these cases. They didn't have anything like what is being shown. I think I will end up ordering the neoprene case, but then I just read about a hard case? Anymore info nightwing?
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:47 AM   #25
Nightwing
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
I went to my Walmart yesterday looking for these cases. They didn't have anything like what is being shown. I think I will end up ordering the neoprene case, but then I just read about a hard case? Anymore info nightwing?

Have not been over to frys to ask the same person. If was true may be after January.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #26
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I guess you heard about this at Frys electronics then. Good and thanks....Sort of wishy washy on what do to here, wait, buy, LOL......
Old 12-12-2006, 12:33 PM   #27
Nightwing
Addict

May be other there today or tomorrow will try to buttonhole the person that told me that.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #28
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

You know I don't know why I am worried about it..... Took the dog to the vets to get her teeth cleaned, brought the reader with me. I didn't read it (get to distracted) so all in all, I am probably one that doesn't need this at this time since most of my reading would be home on the couch where I am comfy. I didn't read on vacation either.. I think I am more curious when lightwedge for this thing will be made and I wrote them as well and am still waiting for a response.....
Old 12-12-2006, 02:19 PM   #29
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The last response to that question I got from them was an auto-reply saying that they'd answer in 2 business days. That was ... November 27th.

So they're not just ignoring you.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:28 PM   #30
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Yea I got an auto-reply as well but it's been longer than 2 business days.