Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2007, 11:16 AM   #16
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
I usually have up to 6-7 books at the same time.
Fiction/Non-fiction and Paper/E-ink.

There's something for each mood and situation this way.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:32 AM   #17
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat
... I don't understand how people can read more than one at the same time! The idea is so alien to me
Yeah, it does sound strange, but if you think about it, it's not that much different from watching more than one TV series in the same season -- you just have to keep the plots straight in your head.

I grant you that the average TV show plot is a good deal (okay: a whole bunch) less complex than the plot of the average novel, but it's really just a difference in degree.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2007, 11:56 AM   #18
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
With TV series, usually you have no choice but to wait for the next episode to be broadcasted. However, with books usuall you have a complete book in the hand, why to put it away and start reading another? I mean if I could, I would not wait for another episode for a week, watching different serials meanwhile, but I have no choice. When I read a book, I do have a choice Moreover, 99% I never watch serials that show 1 episode per week. I would record the whole serial and then watch it all together
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:30 PM   #19
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
And ain't it wonderful to have choices?

I'm with you on that, astra_lestat, I rarely feel any urge to multi-read either, I just see the similarity between the two, that's all.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:49 PM   #20
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
I'ts a matter of moods. Wating for the dentist - I'm only capable of light reading . At home while eating I would read some thriller. Before sleeping - anything goes. Only when I have some serious time to spare I'd read fantasy (my favorite genre).
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2007, 11:28 PM   #21
LaughingVulcan
Technophile
LaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Sage. Ex Sony (PRS-500, -600, -650 and Nook)
Reading multiple books at the same time is a major reason behind my getting into ebooks in the first place. I'm that way with paper also. Currently I'm switching between about four books on my Reader and two paper magazines. So the Sony Reader just sealed the deal for me.
LaughingVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #22
SciFiReader
GadgetReader
SciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Sony Reader
Wink Not the only one

I also like to have a couple of books going at once. Usually I have a SciFi, a regular fiction and then a History or News book going at the same time. The reader takes up so much less space than my usual stack of books on the side of the bedstand.
SciFiReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:00 PM   #23
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, iPad Pro (12.9”), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 5, Forma
I usually have 4 or 5 going. At least a couple tend to be technical for work (currently reading a book on VLSI Semiconductors), my hobbies (reading Thom Hogan's guide to the Nikon D200 and Real World Capture NX), & leisure (Infidel on the Sony eReader, Demon under the Microscope from Audible.com). Thx, Joe Mac
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:07 AM   #24
hcobbs
hcobbs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Up until the reader I just ordered, I'd have a book in each room.
hcobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 05:11 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat
Moreover, 99% I never watch serials that show 1 episode per week. I would record the whole serial and then watch it all together
That's exactly what I do - record the whole thing and then watch it all in one go, or over a few consecutive days. I just can't watch TV series 1 episode per week. Thank goodness for the invention of the DVD recorder .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #26
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Then do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobbs
Up until the reader I just ordered, I'd have a book in each room.

Your solution is quite clear: Now you need a Sony Reader in each room!!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:57 PM   #27
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib
Your solution is quite clear: Now you need a Sony Reader in each room!!

Don
connect them all with wifi when that comes out so i can keep reading the same book or another book.

how about a bathroom reader?
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote