Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-01-2014, 10:48 AM   #16
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
But whatever one does, it confuses non tech users, I know this from my community support activities. You have to copy data you don't understand, write batch files, put them somewhere etc etc. Easy if your moderately tech savvy, but an eye watering black art for many

The firefox 'front end' that provides a means to create and select different profiles (configurations) may be an alternative approach.

BR
Then why use the confusingly inaccurate terminology of "separate installs"? Talk about copies of Calibre Portable.

I like to use the approach of giving a techie answer and a non-techie answer, and let the reader decide.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #17
RichieTheK
Enthusiast
RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 (2012), Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayLee View Post
Warning!!!!! not sure which one I got it from but I Downloaded CDisplayEX and MangaMeeya on the same day and got conduit the browser hijacker from hell took an hour to get rid of it
The Conduit browser hijacker comes from CDisplayEX. The final install screen has buttons "Decline" and "Accept", with "Accept" as the default. This is the license agreement for Conduit. Clicking "Decline" will prevent the installation of Conduit.
RichieTheK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #18
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & iPad Air2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieTheK View Post
The Conduit browser hijacker comes from CDisplayEX. The final install screen has buttons "Decline" and "Accept", with "Accept" as the default. This is the license agreement for Conduit. Clicking "Decline" will prevent the installation of Conduit.

Thanks for letting me know I didn't notice that.
KayLee is offline   Reply With Quote