Old 02-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #16
cyana
Enthusiast
cyana began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The OPF does not control viewing order.

Was your book missing the NCX file originally?
as said it seems that on iPad the chapter order is taken from the <spine> manifest.

Yes, the original book lacks from the NCX and comes with a html toc.
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #17
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Isn't a NCX file mandatory?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #18
cyana
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Isn't a NCX file mandatory?
I thinks so. When I said it has no ncx it was in the meaning that it has just a dummy with one entry, but not a complete toc that would render a chapter order.

However, back to the main topic - it seems that a similar problem has been reported already here. So the bug report should be extended to corrupting the content.opf when the BookId is missing in the original file.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #19
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
0.4+ is less tolerant of invalid opt files. this is by design and entirely a non issue. Sigil will try to make an in valid epub as valid as it can. Sigil will make these changes by just opening the file.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #20
cyana
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
0.4+ is less tolerant of invalid opt files. this is by design and entirely a non issue. Sigil will try to make an in valid epub as valid as it can. Sigil will make these changes by just opening the file.
Thanks for the clarification. As this has severe consequences and can make the epub unreadable, I'd suggest to warn the user as it is done when you open an epub that has any other failures.

Thank you
cyana
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #21
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Thanks for the clarification. As this has severe consequences and can make the epub unreadable, I'd suggest to warn the user as it is done when you open an epub that has any other failures.
Thank you
cyana
the entire file is modified. structure, opt, every xhtml section. I don't think it necessary to warn people that a program that cleans epubs upon opening has made changes. not to mention that that list would petty much include everything.

that said I don't like the auto cleaning and plan to make it optional in future versions.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #22
cyana
Enthusiast

Quote:
the entire file is modified. structure, opt, every xhtml section. I don't think it necessary to warn people that a program that cleans epubs upon opening has made changes. not to mention that that list would petty much include everything.
I beg to differ - I was not aware that Sigil quietly resets the content.opf under special conditions on opening the epub. I became only suspicious when it happened once too often.

It is not always possible to reconstruct the correct order of the chapters, nor is it always obvious - so when I know that Sigil has resetted the opf I open the opf directly with an editor and rescue the <spine> structure

Quote:
that said I don't like the auto cleaning and plan to make it optional in future versions.
This would be great !

thanks for your great efforts on Sigil
cyana