Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-10-2021, 07:37 PM   #16
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
Night Owl: Read using Dark Mode on your 10th Gen. Kindle Paperwhite or 9th/10th Gen. Oasis via the quick settings toolbar. Already using Dark Mode? Be sure to re-tap the Dark Mode icon during the month of January 2021 in order to earn this badge.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:39 PM   #17
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't have Easy On The Eyes option.
Advert
Old 01-10-2021, 09:35 PM   #18
bs10000
Connoisseur
bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I just saw this today when I looked at Kindle Unlimited books. I joined and was immediately given 5 badges, 4 of them diamonds. And they are offering me $5 credit for 4 diamonds. Since I read on my Kindle every day, I just borrowed a KU book and it got me to try Dark Mode (which I don't like) I anticipate getting a few more. Because I'm weird, I may follow an author just to get them all.
bs10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:51 PM   #19
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
Night Owl: Read using Dark Mode on your 10th Gen. Kindle Paperwhite or 9th/10th Gen. Oasis via the quick settings toolbar. Already using Dark Mode? Be sure to re-tap the Dark Mode icon during the month of January 2021 in order to earn this badge.
Wish I had that one, sounds like an easy badge.

I followed an author a few days ago, but that still hasn't shown up. Says give it 72 hours, but I think its' a bit past. Likely not accurate with some of the tracking.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:53 PM   #20
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs10000 View Post
I just saw this today when I looked at Kindle Unlimited books. I joined and was immediately given 5 badges, 4 of them diamonds. And they are offering me $5 credit for 4 diamonds. Since I read on my Kindle every day, I just borrowed a KU book and it got me to try Dark Mode (which I don't like) I anticipate getting a few more. Because I'm weird, I may follow an author just to get them all.
Sounds like they gave it to you pretty easily. I cannot get the full completion diamond, nor the read for 30 days diamond since it's showing I have not read every day this month - most of the diamonds are earned over time. You may have gotten different ones to complete than I did.
Advert
Old 01-11-2021, 02:57 PM   #21
bs10000
Connoisseur
bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bs10000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
Sounds like they gave it to you pretty easily. I cannot get the full completion diamond, nor the read for 30 days diamond since it's showing I have not read every day this month - most of the diamonds are earned over time. You may have gotten different ones to complete than I did.
Sounds like a got a lot of the same ones as others. It's weird to me that people got different ones though. I've had it miss picking up a day of reading before so I might not get the 30 day one. I don't know why it doesn't always see that I've read but I read on my kindle every day.
bs10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:46 PM   #22
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
Wish I had that one, sounds like an easy badge.

I followed an author a few days ago, but that still hasn't shown up. Says give it 72 hours, but I think its' a bit past. Likely not accurate with some of the tracking.
Same here. Not getting Following badge or Dark mode badge.

I typically have Dark mode turned on all of the time. I’m going to try turning it off for a day or so on one of my Kindles and then turn it back on to see if that triggers the badge.

Update: I now have both of the above badges (Follow and Dark).

Last edited by tomsem; 01-13-2021 at 02:46 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:02 PM   #23
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I don't have it, possibly because they don't have me on record as owning an eligible device for it, but as I understand it night owl is for folks who enable Dark Mode reading.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:07 PM   #24
LDB
Baker Street Irregular

I can't figure out what time of day it updates the number of days read. If I read from midnight to 01:00 central time I won't increment the days read at that point, usually not till around lunch time it seems. I'll get the silver token tomorrow. I missed reading on new years day so I'm one behind.
Old 01-15-2021, 07:41 PM   #25
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
All they’re offering me are “bragging rights.”

Same here. That's ok. I don't have anyone to brag to.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:57 PM   #26
LDB
Baker Street Irregular

I got the silver today so I have 11 of 14 it is showing me.
Old 01-17-2021, 02:25 PM   #27
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Noticed just now that it includes books borrowed from a public library!

Last edited by SeaBookGuy; 01-17-2021 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-17-2021, 04:17 PM   #28
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I get the option to win the $5, but I have no clue what a diamond badge is. It doesn't say which ones are the diamond ones. Which of the shapes are they? I am probably just too dumb to figure that one out.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 04:21 PM   #29
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I get the option to win the $5, but I have no clue what a diamond badge is. It doesn't say which ones are the diamond ones. Which of the shapes are they? I am probably just too dumb to figure that one out.
The diamond badges have four sides in a diamond shape; some are hexagons (six sides), which I guess don't qualify?
Old 01-17-2021, 05:48 PM   #30
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I have been assuming they are the larger ones but who knows. Good point.

Thankfully it added in another day of reading for me late, so I may be able to make the read 30 out of 31 days large badge after all. Crossing fingers.