Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
The gifts last year were lame. This year I expect similar lameness.

Day 3 in Canada is some singalong book about a duck.
One singalong duck book deserves a singalong duck song

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:52 AM   #17
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I don't remember a single gift last year that I liked (but I may have forgotten to be honest). So far this year, for France, we got:

- The Justin something single.
- First episode of a nature series, I think it was the Kalahari that someone mentioned.
- Toca House, apparently an app for little girls, to prepare them for their role in life: cleaning up the house. I'm so excited.
- Home Alone, a 1990 movie with Macaulay Culkin. Wow.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2013, 07:53 AM   #18
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I've stopped looking. They've all been lame. App deleted. I suppose now, I will miss something spectacular. Pfft. I'll just keep playing with appsgonefree and clean up there.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
- Home Alone, a 1990 movie with Macaulay Culkin. Wow.
Home Alone is a classic and my favorite Christmas movie. I'll trade you. In the US, they're giving away some movie called Hugo. I never heard of it.

So France gets a movie set in the US and the US gets a movie set in France
Old 12-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #20
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Hugo is an excellent movie if you have good fantasy. Very well done, and you never go wrong on Scorsese anyway.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
Hugo is an excellent movie if you have good fantasy. Very well done, and you never go wrong on Scorsese anyway.
Thanks; I read up a bit on it. Looks interesting, so I'll give it a watch later today.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I've stopped looking. They've all been lame. App deleted. I suppose now, I will miss something spectacular. Pfft. I'll just keep playing with appsgonefree and clean up there.
Today's offering is a movie. Which one do you get?
Old 12-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #23
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
Home Alone today in Brazil. Yesterday we got a book from Paulo Coelho.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #24
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Okay, I did want to see Hugo. I wonder if I will ever be able to download it on my terrible connection? I assume it's like apps so once it's "bought" I can download it any time later? Might have to wait until I visit someone with good broadband.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #25
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
You can download anytime later if you buy.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #26
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Home Alone was yesterday in Japan.

It told me I can download the movie later with a wifi connection so I'm assuming it'll be the same for you.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #27
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Home Alone was yesterday in Japan.
...and now it's tomorrow. What is the freebie for day 6?
Old 12-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #28
jswinden
Nameless Being

I'm glad I didn't participate...I've yet to see one item that peaks my interest.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #29
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
...and now it's tomorrow. What is the freebie for day 6?
Go Dance app. Haven't tried it yet since it's 3am and I should be asleep.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #30
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
"Home Alone" in UK.

Don't think I want to use up 2.8 - 4.7 GB of my iPad memory for that !
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote