Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #16
kmckinley
kmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-books

Device: NOOK Simple Touch
Covers: ePub to ePub conversion changes what?

I'm using the NOOK Simple Touch.

I have two books for which the NOOK displayed the full-size cover image, but on the Home page would not display a thumbnail cover image.

I did the ePub to ePub conversion, and now the thumbnail displays correctly.

What exactly happens during the conversion that makes the thumbnail display properly?
kmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #17
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The Nook Touch is very particular with how it reads the OPF which specifies the cover. Read this (my blog) for an explanation of the issue. An EPUB to EPUB conversion writes the OPF inside the EPUB in the way the Nook requires.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #18
kmckinley
kmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-books

Device: NOOK Simple Touch
Thank you.

I was SO close.

For those who remember: "Missed it by THAT much."

Last edited by kmckinley; 08-26-2011 at 07:04 PM.
kmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #19
J_M
J_M began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
I have still been searching for a solution to get pdf files to show covers on the nook color. Does anyone know if this is even possible? I have not been able to get anything to work or find anyone who has. Is it possible to get pdf files to show cover thumbnails on the nook color?
J_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #20
ChrisZeh
ChrisZeh began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M View Post
I have still been searching for a solution to get pdf files to show covers on the nook color. Does anyone know if this is even possible? I have not been able to get anything to work or find anyone who has. Is it possible to get pdf files to show cover thumbnails on the nook color?
I'm also looking for a solution to get/make covers for PDF files. Calibre doesn't seem to work.

Anyone had any luck yet?
ChrisZeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2012, 02:25 AM   #21
UnclePJ
UnclePJ began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
That works, but why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
convert from epub to epub to update the cover in the files before sending.
Unfortunately, Calibre rewrites my html/xhtml code. Sometimes, destructively.

How can I get those thumbnails to show up in a Nook by editing an epub's internal files or jpg's?

Thanks

Calibre would be my dream app if it was also a code editor!
UnclePJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:10 AM   #22
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You could try using:
- TheTweak ePub feature to explode the ePub and manipulate its content manually
- The Modify ePub plugin to do automated changes.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote