Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 01-28-2020, 10:50 AM   #16
syracusa
syracusa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I thought. It's just because of new things.
Hope this has worked better than the previous one which started to be annoying with a lot of bugs. I downgraded to the 13.1.1 and after the reappearance a few weeks ago, the 13.2.0 again, but it was the same. Random error messages, "Tolino too busy", etc.
syracusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:59 AM   #17
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
I'm waiting on it for my Shine 3 because CARE DRM is not reliable on 12.1 firmware.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2020, 11:04 AM   #18
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

12.2.0 of course
Old 01-28-2020, 11:11 AM   #19
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bigme 3/3, Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Ki/Ko 0/8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
12.2.0 of course
I received 13.2.1 only for my Epos2, but not for Shine3 or Page2
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:56 AM   #20
syracusa

As I see, nothing here from what I missed. There is no 24 hour format if the selected language is English and can't set a permanently visible clock at the top of the page. Eh. Paging seems to be a bit faster and hope stability has improved.
I'm not sure what is the "Improved reading experience", the illumination part seems to be some refinement (maybe the Tolino remember better and can set more precisely the previous manual brightness and color temperature settings); funny, this function works from a plain text log file. And I don't see exactly what's changed at the page turn buttons. Something, sure.
I'll check it later the 'Easter eggs' to see if the old ones (I found two) are preserved or not and/or new ones added.
Advert
Old 01-28-2020, 12:18 PM   #21
rantanplan
Weirdo

If there's one thing I'm truly missing it's the reading statistics found on the Kobo.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:29 PM   #22
Peripathetic
Enthusiast
Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
My Epos 2 said just 5 mins ago that 13.2.1 fw released.
No info about this update on the sites (.com and .de)
Interesting. Thank you for sharing!

I tried the "usual" links but they all show 404 at the moment, so I guess the automatic updates are downloaded from a different place, or perhaps the URL structure has changed.

Peripathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:05 PM   #23
JoeKindle
JoeKindle began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Epos2, KOA2, PB740, KA1
Just installed 13.2.1 on my Epos 2

Download (> 180 MB) and installation worked fine.
Version 13.2.1 ..... 08.01.2020_10:56_[prod]
No change documentation and no changes noticeable.

Onleihe (German library system) still does not work (very slow Onleihe website and downloaded books just display white page and hang up the reader (forced home or restart necessary).
JoeKindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:44 AM   #24
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll check it later the 'Easter eggs' to see if the old ones (I found two) are preserved or not and/or new ones added.
Which "Easter eggs" did you find?
Old 01-29-2020, 03:08 AM   #25
syracusa

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=10

First, go to Advanced settings and tap fast a few times (beat 6-8 times with fingers) the Advanced settings caption at the top. You get a new setting: epub rendering engine, Auto, RMSDK or Readium
The second: make the same at the time, you can enadle and disble the performance logging. Watch the bottom of the screen for the message.

Old 01-29-2020, 03:09 AM   #26
syracusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Which "Easter eggs" did you find?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=10

Old 01-29-2020, 03:13 AM   #27
syracusa

13.2.1, a new experience. The first rotation was a bit strange. :/
It's normal again after paging. I hope it was an exceptional case.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:46 AM   #28
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
13.2.1, a new experience. The first rotation was a bit strange. :/
It's normal again after paging. I hope it was an exceptional case.
On 13.2.0 it works correct.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:40 AM   #29
Peripathetic
Enthusiast
Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.Peripathetic composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peripathetic View Post
I tried the "usual" links but they all show 404 at the moment, so I guess the automatic updates are downloaded from a different place, or perhaps the URL structure has changed.
For the record, I found out the reason it didn't work, the link now has "alldevices" in it instead of "e2p2s3v5" like before: https://download.pageplace.de/ereade...ces/update.zip
Peripathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:31 AM   #30
rantanplan
Weirdo

Do the Tolinos check if the update.zip is actually intended for them? I don't want to brick my Shine because I installed an Epos update.