Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #16
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Thank you for sending the email!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writernan View Post
Robertb,

Yes! Very frustrated!

I realize you aren't "support," but from some of your posts, you seem to be pretty savvy about the operation of the unit so I had hoped you could help. Or at least offer insight on some of the issues.

In any case, I emailed the 'real' support around noon. No response as yet. I'm trying to be patient.

Will post results on the forum so other members will know how things turned out.
Dear Writernan:

I hear your frustration and that is why I am glad you did the email! I am a person who puts themselves easily into other's shoes. When someone posts a problem I DO worry and I do care. You are frustrated with the device. I share that frustration plus the frustration of wanting to get you happy again.

I do not easily relax when someone is having a problem. I try to develop good rapport with everyone on this forum. But, alas, technically, others on here make me embarassed with how little I know of my own device. I am good... but "a man has to know his limitations".

It is NOT that I do not want to help. I do badly. It is just that every time I stick my nose into the technical arena my Product Manager raises hell. He is afraid I am doing the tech team's job and may only heighten your frustration level! My aim is to get you happy the way I see fastest... and that is to get you thru to the best people we have.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #17
Writernan
Enthusiast
Writernan began at the beginning.

Device: Aztak 5"
Robertb:

You're doing a very good job at developing rapport. And it's very obvious that you want to help.

I also understand 'corporate' thinking about people trespassing into areas that they shouldn't. I just wish there was someone on the forum that could actually offer support. It would sure make things go faster for us as customers, but probably wouldn't work as well from the company's standpoint.

Having said that ... I'm still waiting for a response. From one of your posts, you indicated the tech people were aware of my problem so I really felt I would hear from someone by now. Any ideas about the delay? Or is there a 'standard' turnaround time to emails?

Perhaps I should have called ...
Writernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #18
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I will get up and check right now!

Quote:
Robertb:

You're doing a very good job at developing rapport. And it's very obvious that you want to help.

I also understand 'corporate' thinking about people trespassing into areas that they shouldn't. I just wish there was someone on the forum that could actually offer support. It would sure make things go faster for us as customers, but probably wouldn't work as well from the company's standpoint.

Having said that ... I'm still waiting for a response. From one of your posts, you indicated the tech people were aware of my problem so I really felt I would hear from someone by now. Any ideas about the delay? Or is there a 'standard' turnaround time to emails?

I talked to one tech but another was out. Let me go try top light a fire!! I do not want you waiting!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #19
Robertb

Elliott went home very sick.

Quote:
Robertb:

Dear Writernan:

They have your email and they are trying. The guy that knows about your case, Elliott, left at noon feeling very ill. I am trying to get someone else on this.

In any case, we will want more info I am sure. We want to get this right and not have you try things that do not work.

IF you can call tomorrow we can get this solved! Elliott, I hope will be back. You may get a reply today by email... but I still think a phone call would help. We need to exactly understand what you tried and did not try.

Bob
Old 03-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #20
suzymca
suzymca began at the beginning.

Device: astak pocket pro
Um...okay YOU are not going to believe this----- I think you got the one I sent back!!! I had Amazonia, Outlander etc. on mine, and yes, chucked the user maual.

Returned it as the paint seemed to be peeling, which wouldn't have been a big deal HOWEVER, it wasn't opening epubs, just like you're describing! In fact, I think I posted about it months ago on here, "Why won't it open an epub?" or something like that.

Could not for the life of me figure it out, so when I realised I could return it due to the paint issue, I did. Don't think I ever mentioned it to Astak, knowing they would just replace it due to the paint thing, and thinking it was my own idiocy in not being able to figure the epubs out

I hope you indeed got the issue resolved- that would piss me off hardcore, getting a 'refurbished' one, that obviously had NOT been tested. If you need help in talking to Astak, let me know!
suzymca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2010, 05:19 PM   #21
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzymca View Post
Um...okay YOU are not going to believe this----- I think you got the one I sent back!!! I had Amazonia, Outlander etc. on mine, and yes, chucked the user maual.

Returned it as the paint seemed to be peeling, which wouldn't have been a big deal HOWEVER, it wasn't opening epubs, just like you're describing! In fact, I think I posted about it months ago on here, "Why won't it open an epub?" or something like that.

Could not for the life of me figure it out, so when I realised I could return it due to the paint issue, I did. Don't think I ever mentioned it to Astak, knowing they would just replace it due to the paint thing, and thinking it was my own idiocy in not being able to figure the epubs out

I hope you indeed got the issue resolved- that would piss me off hardcore, getting a 'refurbished' one, that obviously had NOT been tested. If you need help in talking to Astak, let me know!

I don't believe that astak sends used readers out....
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #22
Writernan
Enthusiast
Writernan began at the beginning.

Device: Aztak 5"
All's well that ends well (I hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzymca View Post

Returned it as the paint seemed to be peeling, which wouldn't have been a big deal HOWEVER, it wasn't opening epubs, just like you're describing!
Oh my! How weird.

Did you load the books mentioned? What about music files 'cause there were also some of those before I reformatted the system (per Support's instructions).

I still have the unit (although I'm sending it back for replacement on Monday) and I just looked at the paint. It looks fine. No peeling and it doesn't look like it's been touched up anywhere. But who knows?

My main problem has been that I wasn't able to open ANY ebook because the hourglass would freeze.

I keeping the faith that I'll finally get a working unit this time. Elliott has promised to check and double check it before sending it to me to ensure it works as it's supposed to.

I won't deny this has been a very frustrating experience. It's taken MANY emails between Robertb and Elliott and myself to get things resolved. I will say this though. Astak bends over backwards to make you happy.

BTW, nimblem, yes they do send out used units. See Robertb's posting in this thread (dated 3/1 at 10:08 am).
Writernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:02 AM   #23
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
I am late to this thread, but one ADE problem that has come up before and I didn't see mentioned (perhaps skipped a post that mentioned it). However. When loading ADE books you MUST open ADE and drag and drop the book to the Astak from within ADE.

You cannot just drag and drop it using windows explorer (or any other drag and drop method in Linus/Mac OS/etc.

Just thot I'd mention that.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #24
Robertb

Used and refurbed.

Quote:
Oh my! How weird.

Did you load the books mentioned? What about music files 'cause there were also some of those before I reformatted the system (per Support's instructions).

I still have the unit (although I'm sending it back for replacement on Monday) and I just looked at the paint. It looks fine. No peeling and it doesn't look like it's been touched up anywhere. But who knows?

My main problem has been that I wasn't able to open ANY ebook because the hourglass would freeze.

I keeping the faith that I'll finally get a working unit this time. Elliott has promised to check and double check it before sending it to me to ensure it works as it's supposed to.

I won't deny this has been a very frustrating experience. It's taken MANY emails between Robertb and Elliott and myself to get things resolved. I will say this though. Astak bends over backwards to make you happy.

BTW, nimblem, yes they do send out used units. See Robertb's posting in this thread (dated 3/1 at 10:08 am).
On rare occasion, IF one that has barely been out a week or two comes back due to a bad battery, Astak does send it back out after completely testing it in the sole case of a return. This is not with new orders. If you buy new... you get NEW!! If they have been sent back and have been out longer... they are sold as refurbished on ebay after, again, a complete testing. I am Business Devel and not Tech Support but I am recommending we just send out brand new units no matter what.

Last edited by Robertb; 03-08-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:48 PM   #25
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
I am Business Devel and not Tech Support but I am recommending we just send out brand new units no matter what.
Good show and it doesn't have to be for the whole year. Certainly for DOA or problems with in the first 30 days the customer should get a brand new unit as a replacement. After that, refurbs are generally expected and ok as long as it looks/works like new.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #26
Robertb

Making good sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Good show and it doesn't have to be for the whole year. Certainly for DOA or problems with in the first 30 days the customer should get a brand new unit as a replacement. After that, refurbs are generally expected and ok as long as it looks/works like new.

BOb
Dear Pilot Bob:

You laid this out very succinctly and I appreciate that. I will try to get everyone to folow this guideline because it does make good sense.