Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #16
Abisha
Connoisseur
Abisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Update:

Quote:
Hi Aaron,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Home Products Technical Support.

My name is Kapil and I will help you with Reader 2.5.

As I understand, while trying to activate Reader 2.5 you receive an error message stating, "Microsoft Activation Server is offline for regular maintenance or upgrade, or it may have technical difficulties now. Please try activating again later". Please let me know if this information is accurate.

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

I have tried to activate the Microsoft Reader and experienced the same issue that you have experienced. It seems that the Microsoft Reader Activation servers are down temporarily.

I would request you to try activating Microsoft Reader after 24 to 48 hours. I would inform you once the servers are up and running.

Aaron, please let me know if the above information addresses your concern. I will look forward to your reply. If anything in my e-mail is unclear or you require further help, please let us know. It is my pleasure to be of assistance.

Thank you for using Microsoft Home Product Support.

Regards,

Kapil

Microsoft Product Support Services

To provide additional feedback or to explore more support options, please visit the web site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
Abisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #17
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
5 gods... an error message that was correct.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 11:14 PM   #18
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
My copy of MS Reader no longer displays DRM infected eBooks. But, the good news is that I just use ConvertLIT to remove the DRM and I can then use MS Reader to view what I just purchased.
You probably just need to re-activate your account. That happened recently to me, I just logged back in on the activation page and voila problem fixed. Though they are not really clear in the error messages that you need to re-activate the account.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:22 AM   #19
Billydog
Billydog began at the beginning.

Device: Sont Ereader 505
Activation is back on line. I was able to activate last night.
Billydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:00 AM   #20
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Yayyy! I was able to activate today. I was thinking that I really messed up (yet the activation process is super simple when it works). However, it is kind of disturbing that a company like Microsoft would have that long of a issue with their server (been trying since Sunday).
spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #21
ChaosInc
Enthusiast
ChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the endChaosInc knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: iPaq 3800 series
Last week I activated my PC after a reformat (don't ask), and they activated my reader for "Mircosoft Reader" not my email like it should have. To make a long story short, they were suppose to call me back within 48 hours (Haven't yet!) I can not open anything that I have purchased.

Now that the server is back I'll try to re-activate, and hope for the correct information.

But what do you expect of a company that just puts text programs into a computer, and if it still runs without smoking or blowing up, put it up for sale, and do the fixes later?
ChaosInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:10 PM   #22
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Seems to be offline once more.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote