Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #16
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
It was partial eclipse in our area.

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogl...30Agoogle.html

There was a total solar eclipse in Tidewater on March 7, 1970. I was in Vietnam at the time.

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogl...07Tgoogle.html
oh, ok. I remember something happening down there then!

I was not exactly too young to remember the '70 one, but I was pretty darn young!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:11 PM   #17
Roger Parkinson
Zealot
Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S
We saw it from NZ, a partial but quite definite. Actually it probably looks the same from everywhere because we're just looking at a shadow on the moon. If you can see the moon you can see the same shadow.

I like the eclipse terminology.
An eclipse of the moon is when the earth gets between the sun and the moon
An eclipse of the sun is when the moon gets between the earth and the sun
And eclipse of the earth... is a real problem and is fortunately unlikely.
Roger Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #18
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
If one were watching a partial eclipse of the moon with their significant other, would appropriate mood music be "Total Eclipse of the Heart?"

Just wonderin'.
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote