Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #16
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
All:
Nicely done. Keep it up. I'm almost inspired to overcome inertia myself.
GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #17
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Here's mine. Name & number removed to protect the innocent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	o1.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	37371   Click image for larger version

Name:	c1.jpg
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	37372  
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #18
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Innocent?
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:40 PM   #19
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Contest: Best Warm Up and Close Screen

Dear All:

Wow!! You people all are incredible.

My ability to draw is god-awful. I could never design a warm-up screen!!

I would like to see what MobileRead Forum members can do on a nice warm-up screen that we can put on all EZ Reader Pocket PROs. I don't think I can offer any prize... but you would get your name (if you like) on every warm-up page and have some notoriety!!

Griffonwing came up with a great graphic for the PocketPRO once... but that is not a warm up screen. Have a theme to it, please like: "if cats could read they'd choose a Pocket PRO" or "when ships sale the sailors read Pocket PROs" or "when I fly I read a "Pocket PRO". These are just general ideas.

Please help!! AJ and Griffonwing certainly have the exact right idea!! "If trees could talk, they's urge you to buy a Pocket PRO"

Last edited by Robertb; 10-13-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #20
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
You really do look like Eeyore.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #21
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Here are the open and closing screens I just made..

oops... They were too large to attach... I'll have to resize them..

Let's see if this works...
Attached Images
File Type: bmp OpenCompBird.bmp (469.8 KB, 344 views)
File Type: bmp Nighttime2.bmp (469.8 KB, 338 views)

Last edited by Musicman; 10-13-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #22
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post

Ooooh! Nice theme!

loading - A bird says hello...
closing - The bird explodes!!

Classic!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #23
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post

I had the same problem. Just convert to JPEG's and they'll show the thumbnails.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #24
usagi_chan
Enthusiast
usagi_chan began at the beginning.

Device: Black Pocket Pro (my preciousss)
Ok, after some major help from ekaser, I finally managed to customize my PEZ. Here are my screens, tell me what you think of them.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	startupshow case.jpeg
Views:	284
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	37452   Click image for larger version

Name:	shutdown show case.jpeg
Views:	311
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	37453  
usagi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:46 PM   #25
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
If you have Photoshop you can resize the images so they dont look "too cramped" like seems they do, then you can select a portion of 800 x 600 and cut that part and add what you want (text, effects, etc), thats how i made my 2 boot/shutdown images
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #26
usagi_chan
Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip, Chiron, I'll try that later. This is my first try, I hope to improve with time and some practice.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:31 PM   #27
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Looks great, usagi_chan! As Chiron said, using the selection tool in your graphics editor program to select an area that is the same "aspect ratio" as the PEZ display (600x800) and then clipping and resizing that to 600x800 will avoid the STRETCHED look. (But you chose beautiful graphics for your first effort!)

Anyway, for example, let's say you have something that is 1500x1500 pixels. If you could find an area of that picture that was 600x800 and was everything you wanted, you could just select that, clip, and save. But if the area of the picture you want to keep is 1000 pixels wide, the area you select will need to be 1000*800/600 = 1333 pixels tall. Conversely, if the area you're interested in is 960 pixels TALL, then the width you need to select to achieve the right aspect ratio is 960*600/800 = 720 pixels wide.

A 600 wide by 800 tall screen has an aspect ratio of .75 (600 divided by 800 = 0.75), which means that the WIDTH is .75 (three-quarters) of the HEIGHT. So if you know the HEIGHT of the area you want, you MULTIPLY that by .75 to get the WIDTH. If you know the WIDTH of the area you want, you DIVIDE that by .75 to get the HEIGHT. In this way, you'll have the same aspect ratio as the PEZ screen, and when you then resize the graphic, it will get stretched (or shrinked) by the same proportion in both directions, so there'll be no image distortion. So at that point you can resize the clipped area to 600 wide and it should come out at 800 tall (or within a pixel, depending upon round-off errors). If it doesn't come out EXACTLY 800 tall, then you can resize the canvas and add or subtract the needed number of rows of pixels (probably to the bottom of the picture) to make it an even 800 tall.
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #28
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_chan View Post
Ok, after some major help from ekaser, I finally managed to customize my PEZ. Here are my screens, tell me what you think of them.

I Love your pictures..they are beautiful....

AJ
Old 10-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #29
AJ Starr
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

Wow!! You people all are incredible.

My ability to draw is god-awful. I could never design a warm-up screen!!

I would like to see what MobileRead Forum members can do on a nice warm-up screen that we can put on all EZ Reader Pocket PROs. I don't think I can offer any prize... but you would get your name (if you like) on every warm-up page and have some notoriety!!

Griffonwing came up with a great graphic for the PocketPRO once... but that is not a warm up screen. Have a theme to it, please like: "if cats could read they'd choose a Pocket PRO" or "when ships sale the sailors read Pocket PROs" or "when I fly I read a "Pocket PRO". These are just general ideas.

Please help!! AJ and Griffonwing certainly have the exact right idea!! "If trees could talk, they's urge you to buy a Pocket PRO"

Robert, I have an idea for one, but like you my drawing abilities are lacking. Do you have a deadline you need this by? I'm trying to get a page put together.

AJ
Old 10-14-2009, 05:01 PM   #30
usagi_chan
Enthusiast

Thank you for all your opinions! I'm glad you liked the pictures Ekaser, AJ. I gave it another shot and this is what I have come up with. (the messages are in Romanian and say "have a pleasant reading" and "see you soon"). I'll try some more "adaptations" in the next few days. The thing is, I like anime wallpapers (I'm an otaku, what can I say) and these are sized for pc screens (800*600). I'll look harder for ones that will fit my pocket pro. I don't like cropping them too much, it takes away some of the beauty of the wallpaper.
Well, here they are.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	startup 2.JPG
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	37454   Click image for larger version

Name:	shutdown 2.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	37455