Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #16
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by opoteat View Post
Never mind... rebooted and magically it was there! Cool!
Yay!!!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #17
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Thanks, that did it. The root explorer work great.

Also i was able to install my favourite keyboard. 8pen

Again thank you
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #18
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
That "Root Explorer" app was a few bucks, but yet well spent. That's a powerful application for the Android platform. I don't know if I'd recommend it to everyone right off the bat, but as time passes, there are a few key things that it does, and does very well.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #19
deepcdiver
deepcdiver began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Hi,
I'm having a little trouble getting this to work. I moved the file to system/app but when I try to install it I get a message saying "Installation of download apks is not supported". Is there a setting I need to change in order to install downloaded apks?

Thanks,
Anna
deepcdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #20
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcdiver View Post
Hi,
I'm having a little trouble getting this to work. I moved the file to system/app but when I try to install it I get a message saying "Installation of download apks is not supported". Is there a setting I need to change in order to install downloaded apks?

Thanks,
Anna
You need to go into the app NookColor Tools and make sure Allow Non-Market Apps is checked.

If it's checked, then uncheck it, and check it again. Then reboot.
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #21
deepcdiver
deepcdiver began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
That did the trick!!

Thank you!
deepcdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #22
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Move the app into the /system/app directory. Click on it. Install it. Then check the permissions of the .apk in the /system/app directory. When I moved mine to that directory and installed from there, nothing was checked for User permissions. I had to check all three boxes. Then I rebooted.
Guess I'm being dense again but I bought SlideIT, it shows up in the app drawer, but I can't find it to put it in the systems / app directory. Can't figure this out.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #23
SCION
Séduisant

If you use a backup app to back up your .apk files, data, and settings, you can retrieve the .apk file from the backup folder.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #24
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If you use a backup app to back up your .apk files, data, and settings, you can retrieve the .apk file from the backup folder.
Didn't think of that.

Now when I try to move the file I get "You cannot paste here because the file system is read-only." I know I saw something about that somewhere, but can't find that either.

Now what? Am really feeling like a dummy with this NC.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:10 PM   #25
SCION
Séduisant

You can only use Root Explorer for this because you need to change permissions. You have to mount the directory as Read/Write.

ADB can be used to do this as well. I don't know if you have Root Explorer or don't mind paying for it.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #26
NoName
Zealot

Quote:
You can only use Root Explorer for this because you need to change permissions. You have to mount the directory as Read/Write.

ADB can be used to do this as well. I don't know if you have Root Explorer or don't mind paying for it.
I got Root Explorer, but I don't know how to mount the directory as Read/Write.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #27
SCION
Séduisant

At the top of the screen (within the app) it says Mount R/W
Old 01-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #28
NoName
Zealot

Quote:
At the top of the screen (within the app) it says Mount R/W
Sorry - still lost. At the top of the system/app screen it has mount r/w, but then what?

Going to pull hair out soon!
Old 01-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #29
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
Sorry - still lost. At the top of the system/app screen it has mount r/w, but then what?

Going to pull hair out soon!
Click on it. Then you can paste the file there.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #30
NoName
Zealot

Aaarrrghhhh!!! Dog barking and I'm going to join him soon.

Used Astro to backup apps.
Copied and pasted com.dasur.slideit-copy to system/app using Root Explorer.
Installed com.dasur.slidit-copy.apk. Changed permissions to read, write execute checked.
Rebooted.
Went to nookColor Tools. Unchecked, checked Allow Non-Market Apps. Rebooted.
Choose Keyboard only shows Multi-touch keyboard. Keyboard only shows up as the old one.

Really can't figure this out or get it to work. Rebooted a lot more times than mentioned - just can't remember ho much or when. More like everytime I tried somehing, I rebooted.

Very tempted to show up on your doorstep and just say Here, you do it!"