Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-13-2022, 05:11 AM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Good.
Only worry about editing the file if it seems broken in your ereader. The original file (ebook) you selected mysteriously had no content other than the images and links to web versions of the three memoirs, so no kind or editing or conversion could fix it.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 08:38 PM   #17
jamesemu
jamesemu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature 11th Gen; and Kindle Signature 2023 model
Quoth, you have really sparked my interest in leaning more! Hope you don't mind my asking a few questions?
I have been reading about plug-ins for Calibre. Please tell me what you find the most useful ones, that might help me with my Gutenberg Books? Seems there are many. I would like to do as you have with your Gutenberg books, as you mentioned, "Sometimes I remove extra nested blockquotes in HTML. If editing I'd remove the license files at the end and all the end-of-file mobi page break divs in one go with the plug-in that does that." Also I am going to take some lessons, to learn more about HTML. To start with I hope to learn how to identify and remove,"extra nested blockquotes". Thanks for your reply and if these topics should be placed in another location. Respectfully, jamesemu
jamesemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2022, 03:57 AM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Here in general
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=166

Questions about Editing: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=262

My requirements on Plugins are likely not typical, so probably of little value to you. Also I only use the Kindles we have for testing new formats or their serial numbers. I mostly read and annotate on a Kobo Sage.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote