Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #16
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
my existing USB charger which I use for my other devices seems to work just fine.
You'll probably be fine, but as I mentioned in my other reply the DR is a little more picky about the V and mA that the wall charger is putting out. It's possible to have one which works OK with some devices, but causes some weird problems with the DR. If you run into issues, the best thing to do is try using a USB cable attached to a PC/Mac. Those tend to be more standardized as far as the power output.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Fortunately, my USB charger seems to work just fine with the DR.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #18
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What brand is it, if you know? At some point it would be nice to start keeping a list of which chargers work with the DR and which are known to have problems.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There's a very popular UK "gadget" site called "Expansys" (http://www.expansys.com), where I buy most of my "bits and pieces". It's one of their "own brand" ones. It was a decent one, though, not one of the very cheap ones you sometimes see advertised. There's no brand name on the actual charger - it just says "Made in China" on it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #20
Shaggy
Wizard

Thanks.
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #21
physics@war
Connoisseur
physics@war began at the beginning.

Device: none
For the charger part, since I have a AC charger for my ipod,

the top left one in the pic http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AC-WALL-USB-...3%3A1|294%3A50

I use it for the DR 1000S also. So far it is charging my ereader alright. I am not sure if it will hurt my device in the long run or not?
physics@war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #22
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics@war View Post
I use it for the DR 1000S also. So far it is charging my ereader alright. I am not sure if it will hurt my device in the long run or not?
Based on your other thread, I don't think the charger is working with your DR. The problem you talked about with the sensor buttons not working correctly while charging is usually related to a compatibility problem with a third party wall charger. There's something about the power the charger is putting out which causes problems for the DR's sensors.

I'd bet that if you hooked it up to the PC instead of the wall charger, you won't have that same problem with the sensors.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #23
myprecious
Zealot
myprecious began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
What are the specifications of your chargers? I'm using a Garmin (it came with a forerunner gps) - it doesn't seem to make any complications with DR.
Model: PSC03R-050
Input: 100-240V ~0.2A 50-60Hz
Output: 5v 500mA MAX

Let's make a list of chargers that work properly with DR and those that don't
myprecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #24
Grimulkan
Lord
Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Q1 (on way out), PRS505, DR1000S (dead :<), TC1100 (10'' perfection!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by myprecious View Post
[...] Let's make a list of chargers that work properly with DR and those that don't
Done
Grimulkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:33 AM   #25
myprecious
Zealot
myprecious began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Thank You Lord
myprecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #26
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
Hi epiphany! You should look for one of these for your DR...

http://www.greatoutdoorsdirect.com.au/

Also see:
http://trendydigital.com/
They have a category for Kindle DX covers/cases, although I don't see any there yet.
I got the Jumbo Aquapac case and it works great with the DR1000 - no issues whatsoever with the capacitive buttons and it is very easy to read through the clear front. The stylus also works through the cover (only for tapping - the rubber screen would grab the stylus if you tried to write on it). The only problem is the case is much bigger than the Digital Reader. I would have bought the Large Aquapac instead but from the dimensions I suspect it would be slightly too small (the DR's circumference is approx 450 mm whereas the case is only 440 mm around).
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote